Front End Developer - Perm
Front End Developer
Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Our client is a multi-award-winning fintech startup with a mission to change the customer experience of insurance for the better by using social media and mobile. Now employing over 60 people in Haywards Heath and London.
The Tech Team is expanding to develop the first truly customer-centric end-to-end insurance business.
We run a leading edge a micro-services and serverless architecture and ES6. We are not afraid to make bold tech stack decisions to stay ahead, so you will too.
The successful candidate will be joining an exceptional team and will play a key role in developing in all areas of our tech stack.
• Pick up a task, and deliver production quality code.
• Drive out detailed requirements where they don't already exist, with the help of business users and analysts.
• Work with other front-end developers to ensure your code fits in with the overall design and coding standards.
• Contribute ideas and innovations, wherever you see opportunity for improvement.
• Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary teams.
Front End Developer - Skills & Experience Requirements (in rough priority order)
• Responsive HTML & CSS
• Precompilers: SESS, LESS
• Django/Jinja templates
• Running our user testing programme (interviewing real users)
• VueJS (and our own frameworks you will contribute to)
• Agile/Extreme software development
Front End Developer - Personal Qualities:
• A user experience fanatic: You want everyone of your pages to deliver the best experience possible.
• An Engineer at Heart: You know when the solution is getting too complex, and it's time to adjust the requirements. Or when it's time to delete, refactor and simplify.
• Completer Finisher. You want to give users the best possible experience but also recognise that perfect is good finished.
• Philosophical. On occasion ideas and code you love will not make it into production, you will need to be able to move on.
• People person. You are energised by a high amount of contact with a wide range of people. You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments & cultures.
• Team ethic. You make change happen by working with & through others.