7 days left
- Flexible Hours
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
About IB Strategic and Regulatory Change
IB Strategic and Regulatory Change manages large scale strategic cross-function change programmes within Barclays, typically providing the Programme & Project Management resources delivering front-to-back functional deliverables across organisational boundaries. The portfolio of Programmes changes year-on-year and is reflective of business growth and control objectives.
Overall purpose of role
This role is for a Project Manager to support the IB Strategic and Regulatory Change Team with the implementation planning and execution aspects of the EOD Standardisation Programme, which is one of the Strategic Outcomes the firm is looking to achieve as part of the implementation of the IB's IT & Data Strategy.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Define implementation approach and plan in line with the strategic vision of the EOD Standardisation Programme and the preferred methodology of the organisation
- Act as the day-to-day lead for implementation planning, in terms of defining the approach, status reporting, risk & issue management, dependency management, change management, etc.
- Participate in reviewing artefacts and offer advice and feedback/knowledge to ensure tasks are carried out in accordance within risk and control guidelines
- Show the ability to take ownership of issues, manage through to a successful resolution and communicate effectively to programme governance forums and senior stakeholders
- Liaise with Programme Team and ensure that the work is fully aligned with the Programme deliverables and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate with other EOD Standardisation workstreams, other Functions and programme teams to ensure alignment of any shared requirements and dependencies
- Demonstrate credibility when dealing with stakeholders across both business and functional units up to Managing Director level
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders across both business and functional units
Risk and Control Objective:
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Project management experience on business / design-led change programmes, with a particular focus on implementation planning.
- Experience of preparing and issuing a range of key project management deliverables
- Broad knowledge and understanding of front-to-back securities processing and trade lifecycle events with a particular emphasis on EOD processes across Middle Office, Finance, Risk and Treasury
- Understanding of project management best practices and methodologies
- Experience of cross regional collaboration within global operating models and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver results
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Skills and Knowledge:
- MS Office
- MS SharePoint
- MS Visio
- A proactive, self-starter who can be relied upon to act on initiative
- Excellent analytical skills and an appetite for problem-solving and delivery
- Can do attitude - willingness to roll-up the sleeves in order to get things done
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust / credibility
- Good communication skills and ability to operate at multiple levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to balance structure & best practice versus pragmatism
- A common-sense approach to problem solving with an ability to summarise a complex situation in a simple, communicable manner
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations
- Ability to absorb and process knowledge quickly
- Strong desire to influence outcomes and a drive to deliver results
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .