VP BIA Tech Audit
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays Internal Audit
Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Vision: Leaders in Assurance
• Be Brilliant: Leading edge assurance; Leading edge people; Leading edge thinking
• Be Impactful: In the business; In the community and In the profession
• Be Agile: Be independent, a respected voice, innovative and efficient.
BIA Overview: BIA aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
Work collaboratively with others in BIA to develop strong independent client relationships, to be a respected voice. Responsible for delivery of audits/assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology and to support delivery of the BIA Audit Plan.
• Collaborate and support the Director to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for Barclays UK technology audit , taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function
• Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
• Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in BIA audit toolkit.
• Write high quality observations and audit reports (with input from the audit team).
• Manage audit teams on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, as regards scope, budget and timetable.
• Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
• Provide complete, accurate and timely information for BIA reporting.
• Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the BIA Director/Managing Director.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Lead discussions with clients regarding audit observations, consulting with the Director where necessary.
• Build independent and respected relationships with clients on each audit and develop on-going relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
• Develop a wide network of contacts across BIA and the business to identify and work towards strategic goals.
• Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
• Engage and motivate others to develop their skills/knowledge/experience to contribute to the success of BIA.
• Celebrate the success of self and others and take pride in achievements.
• Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments and support Directors in their assessment of Assistant Vice Presidents (AVPs)
• Act as mentor and coach to less experienced team members and support others to develop. Provide guidance to AVPs during audit assignments.
• Contribute to the attraction of the best people through their role in the recruitment process.
• Create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with BIA colleagues.
• Ensure the inclusion of all colleagues, regardless of background or circumstances.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Take into account reputation of Barclays at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
• Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
• Make sure colleagues are equipped to be able to protect our reputation at all times.
• Challenge others where appropriate, if you believe self to be correct.
• Makes decisions on a broad range of factors, with Barclays values at heart.
• Experience in risk based Technology auditing in one or more of the following areas: technology and information risk, applications, security, resilience, data management, IT operations, and/or infrastructure.
• Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CISA, for audit roles; technical qualification for specialist risk team roles; and graduate degree for all)
• Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment
• Experience of managing audits/driving initiatives in a relevant field
• Proven track record of high performance in previous roles to include senior client management
• Financial services industry knowledge
• Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services.
• Experience of leading others during audit assignments
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .