2 days left
- Flexible Hours
Job Code: AppFac/CH
Practice Area: Facilities
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe's most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career in Facilities, allowing you to gain a qualification and experience whilst earning a wage!
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in a career in facilities administration and client support.
The successful candidate will be offered a level 2 apprenticeship in Facilities Management which they will study alongside their day to day role supporting the facilities team. They will be responsible for ensuring that the services provided by the facilities and client support team are of a high standard in terms of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.
The facilities and client support team is responsible for ensuring that our workplaces are clean, comfortable and safe. The apprentice will be actively involved in providing excellent client service to internal and external clients by ensuring that services provided in the client-facing areas are to the highest standards.
They will also support on a wide range of routine admin tasks and duties. We will provide the successful applicant with a structured programme of training, leading to a valuable BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management) level 2 qualification and excellent on the job experience.
The role of a Facilities Apprentice is varied and may include:
- Mail room, Handing mail and understanding the postal procedures & on line mailing system ( sorting, collecting delivering )
- Take messages and prepare packages and mail
- Support to planning regular building maintenance
- Meet and greet all visitors and staff from other locations in a polite, friendly and efficient manner
- Operate room bookings via the On-line booking system efficiently and effectively
- Prepare rooms for meetings/seminars and returning rooms to order.
- Work with catering suppliers to ensure an efficient catering service to our people and clients.
- Operate the switchboard answering calls in a prompt and professional manner and directing to the appropriate individual. Ensure messages and information are correctly communicated.
- Ensure that deliveries to employees are done in a prompt and timely manner.
- Control, ordering and distribution of stationery
- Maintaining records and filing systems
- Dealing with internal and external client queries via email and phone
- Ensure activities and tasks you carry out maintain a desired level of excellence
- Any other administrative tasks, as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your team and the overall business objectives of the firm.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we hope that the majority of apprentices will apply for a permanent position in the firm (subject to business need).
As a Facilities Service Operative with Jigsaw Training, you will undertake the apprenticeship framework - Facilities Services Assessments Level 2 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
- Excellent personal presentation
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues and clients at all levels
- A high level of attention to detail
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- Common sense and general business knowledge
- Ability to use initiative and use your judgement
- Confidence with IT systems and databases and ability to learn new software packages
The ideal candidate will have completed their A Levels and be interested in working in facilities and / or within a law firm. Ideally, they will also have previous practical experience of working in an office environment. We are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic, who take pride in their work and who are comfortable working at a fast pace. Candidates must be customer-service orientated and professional, willing to help to meet the needs of our clients in a polite and respectful way.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: AppFac/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on .
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.