Business Development Executive - Dispute Resolution
- Flexible Hours
Dispute Resolution and Litigation ('Disputes') is a key service area for Norton Rose Fulbright, with over 1,200 lawyers advising many of the world's largest corporations and financial institutions on complex, high-value and sensitive multi-jurisdictional disputes.
The Business Development Executive will provide support on day-to-day and strategic marketing and business development activity for the Europe, Middle East and Asia ('EMEA') Disputes practice, such as business planning, budgeting, pitches, client targeting, digital marketing and events.
We look for people who show ambition, determination and the desire to pursue a career in business development. We aim to provide you with opportunities to develop your career across the business development function, encouraging close co-operation and team-working alongside other central Marketing and Business Development ('BD') functions such as the key client and central bids team both in London and internationally. This role would also involve regular engagement with our Global Service Centre based in Manila.
This role reports into the Business Development Manager, Dispute Resolution and Litigation.
Strategic marketing and business development planning
You will support the Business Development Manager and Disputes partners on specific marketing and business development initiatives which use the full marketing mix to win new work and develop the reputation of our Disputes practice.
- Assisting with the development and preparation of business plans, budget proposals and Disputes participation in wider Norton Rose Fulbright business development programmes
- Monitoring actions agreed in plans and project meetings and helping fee-earners meet their commitments
Client development and pitches
Together with the BD Manager and the central Client team (where relevant), assist with the development of Disputes opportunities with global and regional key clients as well as target clients of the practice.
- Assisting with client targeting, including conducting sector or organisation research, liaising with our Global Service Centre based in Manila
- Supporting client accounts managed out of the Disputes practice
- Working with the BD Manager and, where appropriate, our Strategic Bids team to prepare and produce bespoke bids, panel pitches and other client development presentations (formal and informal). Involves drafting and editing text where necessary; coordinating international contributions to opportunities (such as CVs, team details, experience, etc), and ensuring adherence to visual identity
- Preparing and coordinating the production/updating of practice experience statements and credentials materials
Working with the Business Development Manager, our central events team, and our knowledge lawyers, you will work on the planning and implementation of high-impact client events.
- Sourcing client entertainment options and managing bookings
- Putting together invitations and invite lists bespoke to the event
- Organising the arrangements and running the event
- Reporting on ROI following the event and ensuring leads are followed up on
Make sure all marketing communications channels are exploited to convey consistent messages about the practice, our capabilities and experience.
- Assisting fee earners on updaters, articles and directory submissions, in cooperation with the central PR and Directories teams where necessary
- Ensuring on and offline marketing collateral is compliant with visual identity guidelines, working in conjunction with the central Brand, Design and Digital team
- Maintaining Disputes practice material on our website and intranet
- Using internal communications channels to raise awareness of practice activity and opportunities
Business development systems
- Co-ordinating contributions and input into business development systems including InterAction (CRM), Experience Management, bids and CV databases for supporting initiatives such as events, bids, key client and target programmes, experience statement compilation and legal directory submissions. This will involve working in conjunction with our Global Service Centre based in Manila
- Integrate use of systems into all activity according to best practice
- Assist fee earners and their secretaries with contact management
Skills and Experience Required
- Graduate calibre with demonstrable and/or professionally recognised marketing or communications qualification (such as CIM, etc)
- Significant relevant marketing and organisational experience
- Experience of working in a legal and/or professional services environment
- Understands when to act and when to ask
- Builds trust amongst fee earning team and wider stakeholder community
- Understands the need and has the ability to manage expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and deputise for their line manager when required
- Sound working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Our business principles are Quality, Unity, Integrity. The successful candidate will be expected consistently to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Shows technical ability
- Contributes effectively at meetings
- Seeks supervision and/or supervises appropriately
- Communicates effectively
- Organised and meets deadlines
- Focuses on performance enhancement
- Develops and maintains relationships
- Delivers excellent service
- Builds strong reputation
- Actively contributes to the team
- Demonstrates leadership orientation
- Treats people with dignity and respect
- Promotes and demonstrates our business principles
- Focuses on strategic priorities
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson at
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world's pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members ('the Norton Rose Fulbright members') of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world