IT PMO Coordinator
The EMEA IT PMO Coordinator will be integral to the EMEA IT PMO Team. The individual will be involved in supporting core PMO processes and governance events for large scale transformation programmes and innovative projects, working to Global standards
- Assist in the design and execution of the Norton Rose Fulbright Global IT Project Delivery Framework evolution and supporting documentation, with a regional view.
- Support the Regional PMO Manager (EMEA) in the overall delivery of the IT Programme plan
- Prepare, deliver and enhance the existing Governance standards and events.
- Responsibility for requirements gathering, documenting and reporting of IT minor enhancement changes. Liaising directly with the technical team members, and advising stakeholders as necessary on status. Understanding the demand from each portfolio and maintaining documentation on small innovation work, where applicable
- Manage and develop the existing Demand Management process, preparing meeting agenda's, meeting facilitation and encouraging discussion around demand planning and work take on
- Prepare and maintain a realistic delivery plan, ensuring work is delivered to quality and in a timely manner to agreed deadlines
- Providing reports to the PMO Manager and stakeholders on timescales, risk and RAG status, along with any dependencies
- Scheduling the bi-weekly project status pack meetings with the project managers, ensuring alignment to the IT Leadership Team meeting schedule. Ability to critique content and quality of project manager report submissions supporting quality 'business language' reporting to the Leadership Team
- Identify where small enhancement work escalates and becomes a larger piece of work and requiring project management and / or Leadership team attention
- Liaise with managers within the IT function and within the business; manages expectations for the new demand on Enhancements, Pilots and large scale projects
- To undertake any other reasonable duties requested by the Regional PMO Manager (EMEA).
- Participate in workshops with EMEA IT and the Global Project Office in evolving a best practice methodology, gateway management, governance, change control and templates. Aligning a light touch version for the enhancement management
- Manage the Global SharePoint project site for the region, upload of all new project requests, data validation, project stage gate progress and comments sections to ensure audit trail of activity centrally located
- Risk log for EMEA IT - manage/administer the process and log, introducing a full RAID log to capture actions and decisions from all senior IT governance events
- Assist in governance events, such as Demand Management, Technical Design Authority and Gateway Review Committee; change control, information gathering and general reporting
- Assisting the Programme Managers with project budgets and reporting
Skills and Experience Required
- Educated to degree level or with sufficient experience to compensate
- Experience within a PMO role within an IT environment
- Qualified in an appropriate project management discipline, e.g. Prince2 at Practitioner level
- Experience of working in a large (1000+ staff) IT department
- Experience of working in a project office environment
- Knowledge of MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project
- Ideally experience of working in professional services
- Keen sense of responsibility, ability to set a professional example and ensure staff commit to and deliver to defined scope and timeframes
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, proactively seek out opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels, and to non-IT professionals, verbally and through reports, presentations etc.
- Flexible approach to incorporating changing priorities
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong project and cooperative team working orientation to achieve shared goals
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment supporting PMO and Project Managers in the completion of objectives, with a willingness to work additional hours in the execution of his/her duties
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Simon Bristow at (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email).
NO AGENCIES PLEASE