- Flexible Hours
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from GBPmillion's to GBP20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our buildings portfolio is primarily a UK business working in both the public and private sector of the construction market. We provide cost and project management services for a wide range of clients including central government, local authorities and private clients. We work in the majority of buildings market sectors including workplace, residential, law and order, health, education, retail, sports and commercial property. Our vision is to provide added value to our clients business through high quality services and our people.
The Associate will be required to develop and lead the project management input of multi-discipline team within the Health sector whilst be flexible and adaptable to work on other sectors as required, often combining Mott MacDonald client and third party staff in the successful delivery of large capital investment programmes.
- Structuring and effective project team and management of the associated staff
- Report to the Projects Director on the performance of your area of responsibility on the project including leadership resource management and task allocation
- Responsible for the delivery of our obligations and internal project performance on medium sized commissions
- Effective communication across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Leading on problem solving and decision making
- Deputise for the Projects Director when required
- Managing internal and external commercial aspects of projects over a range of contractual arrangements
- Adoption of project and business management systems across project teams
- Providing well founded advice and guidance to members of the project team
- Supporting the development of business in specific sector or with a specific client
- Securing opportunity and repeat business through the high quality if teams and service delivery
- Chartered membership of a professional institution such as the APM, CIOB or RICS
- Degree in construction or an engineering subject
- Substantial experience in the project or programme management of large capital programmes within healtcare
- Good experience and working knowledge of project controls, such as scheduling risk management, cost control and reporting
- Experience managing and integrated multi-disciplinary teams seconded within a client environment
- Diligent and able to analyse complex proposals
- Strong track record of ensuring programme performance and delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.