Software Developer - Java/ Oracle/ AWS
Software Engineer - Scalable Analytics Platform
Our client is currently looking for a Software Developer to work in their core development team. The successful Software developer will either have experience of Java, Oracle or AWS and have strong knowledge of data structures. You will be a key member of our software development team working with modern technologies to build outstanding software for our clients. Although you will have personal responsibility for tasks, we are team-based and encourage active participation. We thrive on Scrum to help us navigate our day to day work and as part of this our team goal is frequent delivery of high quality software releases at a sustainable pace.
Technologies we are currently using include AWS, Oracle Enterprise 12c, Oracle Linux 6/7, Java 8, and modern Web application technologies.
Required skills and experience
- Solid understanding data structures, databases
- Software development experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Scalable data engineering in Java 8 (will also consider other JVM languages or Python) including parallelism, concurrency, and performance or;
- Advanced database development including SQL, PL/SQL, data warehousing, parallel execution, partitioning, performance and scalability (We use Oracle but other database experience will be considered) or;
- AWS concepts and technologies relevant to building scalable cloud solutions: Examples
- could include Elasticity and Auto-Scaling, Multi-AZ deployment, High-Availability,
- Automated Deployment, Infrastructure as Code
- Passionate about best practice software development methods such as writing testable code, code review, clean code, continuous improvement, knowledge sharing Flexible to new requirements, priorities and technologies within the context of a growing company
- Organised and able to manage and prioritise their own work