Business Change Manager
2 days left
- Flexible Hours
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 17,000 people in 43 countries.
Our underlying business strategy is to maintain operations in the key global insurance markets and, where possible, to be a lead underwriter for selected lines of business.
QBE's strategy of diversification by product and geographical exposure is fundamental to managing our insurance and reinsurance risks and has been a vital ingredient in the Group's success. We have developed a unique QBE culture which is based on six core values and effective risk management practices and controls.
We aim to grow the business through our existing extensive networks and acquisitions of insurance businesses, portfolios and teams of underwriters that meet our stringent criteria for minimum return on equity and EPS accretion in the first year of acquisition. QBE Group has successfully delivered more than 135 acquisitions since our first acquisition in 1982 and has grown substantially over the last 10 years. QBE's gross written premium was US$17.9 billion in 2013.
The Business Change Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the most appropriate change approach to successfully deliver required Business change and transformational benefits, as described in the business case of a given assigned project. In addition, will support the Business Change Management Lead to raise awareness on how critical change management activities are to deliver effective and sustainable business transformation / behavioural change across the EO organisation to support the embedding of a 'Change Mentality'. The Business Change Manager will work collaboratively with the project community and members of the change network team to efficiently share business know-how and change management experiences and expertise and to drive the embedding of a more 'Agile Change Mentality'.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement Change Management strategy for the assigned programme / project
- Active contribution to the change management network and process for all relevant initiatives, Business Solutions Team, IT & Change and Global change team (where applicable)
- Ensure alignment to the divisional business strategy and delivery of 'case for change' plans and embedding targets agreed at the outset of each project
- Informed contribution to team discussions to recommend enhancements to processes and templates where appropriate in order to increase awareness on the value and adoption of a 'Change Mentality' across the IT & Change and Global change team
Policy, Process and Procedures
- Conduct regular change readiness assessments and implement strategies to respond
- Develop detailed impact assessments considering people, process, system and financial impacts; develop appropriate strategies to address the impacts
- Drive the refinement of processes and procedures to improve change methodology, tools and templates
- Develop and implement an embedding approach to ensure embedding criteria (end user adoption metrics) are defined from the outset of a programme / project going forward.
- Timeliness and accuracy of assessments
- Continuous improvement of change methodologies
- Demonstrated increases in change readiness
- No unforeseen impacts
- Embedding criteria and measurement approach (KPI's) are agreed and continuously tested with programme and project managers
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
- Consult with business leaders and all other key stakeholders to implement solutions that generate increased adoption and acceptance of change
- Drive ownership of change through influence, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Support development of the change networks to increase ownership and support for change
- Business needs identified and met
- Positive stakeholder feedback
- Timely and accurate change tools provided to leadership team
- Demonstrate an increase in employee awareness, skills and/or motivation to support change
- Scoping, planning, and documenting change plans and engaging business leaders to ensure buy-in and support for their implementation
- Drive business change at all levels
- Undertake analysis to identify Change Management issues, their impact, implications and develop action against the change management model
- End to end project management of the change strategy and roll out of plan
- Adapt plans as required to address stakeholder needs
- Monitor success and make adjustments for improvement
- Positive stakeholder feedback and increase awareness regarding the benefits of change management activities, embedding a 'Change Mentality' across EO
- Timely identification and management of change management issues/ roadblocks.
- Change plans are rolled out within project timelines
- Mentor and coach project and change community team members
- Support new members of the team (staff or contractors)
- Successful transfer of knowledge on change management and business knowledge
- Support new members of the team to ensure they are can be quickly on-boarded into the team and feel confident in change management approach used across EO
Minimum knowledge & skills required to competently undertake the role (e.g. specific technical, professional and/or market knowledge, internal QBE knowledge, learned or acquired skills).
Relevant qualifications and/or years of experience in relevant industry/role/function.
- Advanced knowledge of change management skills and use of project management practices, methodologies and tools e.g. PROSCI and PRINCE2
- Ability to liaise with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Relationship, influencing and negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to facilitate outcomes within the business using influencing and negotiation skills
- Resilient, self-driven & emotionally intelligent
- 6+ years of experience in a Change Management role (preferred) and leading complex transformation / behavioural change programme
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Ability to manage build and maintain relationships across a number of stakeholder groups
- Relevant experience in adopting and following a methodology / framework.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.