BP&A - Corporate Reporting AVP
1 day left
- Flexible Hours
About Finance BP&A
Business Performance & Analytics (BP&A) work closely with the Barclays Finance CFO teams (as well as Financial Control, Tax, Treasury and Risk) to support the decision making process of the Executive teams by providing high quality decision support, insight, performance reporting and analysis.
The team is also responsible for the medium term financial planning of the Group alongside business profitability analysis and the drivers of this, underlying performance and emergent issues, group and business returns, competitor analysis, as well as deep dives into specific areas of the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Overall purpose of role:
This is a key role in the Corporate Banking Finance team, reporting directly to the Head of Reporting for Corporate Banking and supporting the BP&A Finance Director, Corporate Banking CFO and ExCo.
The role is primarily focussed on delivering the Reporting agenda for Corporate Banking, including providing a value adding service to key stakeholders in Corporate Banking, ensuring accurate short term forecasts and insightful reporting which enables an understanding of emerging performance trends and risks & opportunities.
The successful candidate will develop the skills to communicate the drivers of Corporate Bank performance, providing highly effective management information and support on key business decisions through detailed and insightful analysis with strong partnership across the wider team. Protecting the integrity of the performance metrics within Finance by understanding booking practices, processes & systems, remediating any issues in a timely fashion will be essential.
The role offers the successful candidate to get close to the business and develop stakeholder relationships, whilst also having a key Finance role and drive transparency and strategic thinking of Corporate Banking.
The team works closely with the wider Corporate business and across BC&I, leveraging best-practice and sharing insight.
Key specific accountabilities:
Delivering Insightful Reporting
- Analyse and interpret performance trends and support identification of emerging risks and opportunities to deliver accurate flash expectation by working closely with stakeholders across the business
- Support monthly close cycle, chairing daily working day calls to track and aid transparency around emerging issues through to ledger close
- Analyse performance against internal targets and prior periods, ensuring appropriate understanding and communication of underlying performance across various performance measures leading to RoTE
- Drive improvement in team processes e.g. automation of manual processes.
- Support quantification and modelling of business financials in ongoing analysis initiatives and be able to co-ordinate these exercises across teams
- Participate in and contribute to various emerging decision support projects both within Corporate and wider BC&I initiatives
Stakeholder Management and Team
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders within Corporate and wider BC&I team /across functions.
- Be able to manage deliverables in short timeframes for senior stakeholders
- Coach and support the development of colleagues within the team
Strategy & Planning
- Undertake elements of strategic management activity, including identifying and analysing key drivers of value creation in Corporate Banking
- Understand how the Corporate Banking strategy fits in with BC&I and that of the Barclays Group as a whole
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Strong analytical skills & ability to effectively summarise and interpret data from a wide range of sources;
- Good understanding of business and MI processes underpinning exposure, income and cost drivers included within reporting and analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to provide value adding financial support and background on emerging issues to senior stakeholders and CFO;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organisation;
- Well-developed communication skills
- An ability to acquire new skills and assimilate knowledge quickly
- Knowledge of accounting policies, controls and procedures
- A Qualified accountant/ advanced finance qualification