FX Product Mngt Governance & Control
- Flexible Hours
As a Barclays Product Manager (FX), you will be a member of the newly-formed Foreign Exchange (FX) team, specifically responsible for key initiatives which support governance and control for the product offering. You will play an active part in product management, supporting front-line colleagues in providing the best possible service to customers. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in delivery of the strategy as well as helping to embed processes and an operating rhythm for this new team.
The Foreign Exchange (FX) team is responsible for FX capability across Barclays UK, and is the product owner for the core FX transactional banking products across Personal Banking. The breadth of scope encompasses end-to-end product management across this product suite, ensuring we are providing the best solutions for customers, whilst managing commercial performance and running the business in line with conduct, governance and control frameworks and principles.
As a Product Manager (FX), your main responsibilities will involve:
• Managing day to day product issues, designing, implementing and managing the control environment for the provision of FX capability (currency conversion & rate provisioning), international payments and cheques
• Monitoring and managing adherence to currency and payment regulations
• Identifying potential risks, issues and incidents, working collaboratively across the organisation to manage these through to resolution
• Helping to design and implement the reporting and tracking tools that will underpin the governance and control agenda for FX and international payments
• Supporting execution of the FX and international payments strategy as part of the broader team
As a Product Manager (FX), your skills and qualifications will include:
• Knowledge of control environments and control frameworks and risk management across a product line and the application of this knowledge in a business environment
• The ability to effectively communicate with and influence a variety of internal and external stakeholders, presenting quality evaluations and recommendations
• Being able to work collaboratively across different business areas in Barclays UK including operations, technology, finance, and transformation
• A high degree of analysis and evaluative judgement skills to understand and qualify potential issues/incidents and evaluate/recommend approaches to address these
• Project management and planning experience, with the ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure
• The ability to understand and interpret policies, regulation and internal procedures
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are three stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. CV Review: If you meet the criteria for the role you've applied for, a member of our team will be in touch to conduct a short telephone interview to explore your application in greater detail.
3. Assessment: If your application is successful at this stage, we'll ask you to complete an online Situational Judgment Test to explore your alignment to the Barclays Values and Competencies. Your recruiter will be able to provide further information about the test.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.