Digital Sales Assistant
3 days left
- Flexible Hours
HarperCollins is one of the UK's foremost, diverse and innovative multi-platform publishers. We publish a wide range of books, from cutting-edge contemporary fiction, to block-busting thrillers and from fantasy literature to children's literature and enduring classics. We also publish a great selection of non-fiction titles, including history, celebrity memoirs, biographies, popular science, dictionaries, maps, reference titles and education books, and our digital business is thriving. With nearly 200 years of history, we publish some of the world's foremost authors, from Nobel prize-winners to worldwide bestsellers. In addition, we also publish the works of Agatha Christie, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis.
Our Digital Sales team are looking for a Sales Assistant to provide support to the Digital Sales team. The role will require an extremely high level of organisation and initiative, as well as an ability to rapidly acquire a high level of competency on company systems and confident use of Microsoft Office applications. We're looking for personable, bright individual who can learn quickly and use their own initiative.
The role offers solid experience supporting the team selling to major UK and global digital retailers. It's a real opportunity for gaining an unmatched insight into the digital publishing landscape, online retail, and the workings of publishing divisions across all genres.
The position also involves customer-facing opportunities, as well as being an important internal role.
- Provide administrative support to the Digital Sales Team, reporting to the Digital Sales Director
- Support the Digital Sales team in selling effectively to all key digital retailers, across eBooks and digital audio for all HarperCollins publishing divisions
- Support Sales Managers and Directors for learning and best practice
- Keep effective records of all promotions, ensuring the promotion planner is fully up to date with accurate details of key promotional pricing. Alongside this you will manage a seasonal events calendar suggesting titles for themed promotions such as Halloween and Christmas
- Create and maintain quarterly promotion overviews, communicating updates to the Digital Sales team
- Liaise effectively with publishing divisions and sales teams to ensure information is shared and promotion plans are clearly communicated
- Work closely with the marcomms teams to ensure social media opportunities are fully optimised.
- Manage the global properties schedule ensuring activity across all the HC companies is aligned.
- Coordinate all general office administration across the department ensuring the smooth management of information and resources
- Collate the weekly digital sales report, working closely with other members of the team to identify key points of interest for communication
- Communicate clearly with sales, publishing, distribution and marketing colleagues to obtain all the information required to service and sell to our customers effectively
- Answer customer queries quickly and effectively so that they have all the information they require to do business effectively with us
- Create PowerPoint presentations so that customers are proactively and efficiently sold to e.g. for Kindle / iBooks / Google Play / Kobo / Audible
- Create ad hoc internal PowerPoint presentations for effective communication to the UK sales teams and publishing divisions
- Provide administrative support to the Digital Sales Manager for library and subscription accounts
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks e.g. formatting presentations, creating graphs and charts through Excel, distributing advance samples / proofs to retailers
- Raise any required marketing POs and arrange for invoices to be processed
- Complete customer sell in and nomination grids accurately and in a timely manner to ensure all customers are fully aware of our forthcoming publishing programme
- Collate and communicate key information to retailers e.g. weekly PR & Marketing updates
- Admin experience
- Experience of utilising Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of supporting a busy team
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbally
- Professional, reliable, able to work quickly under pressure and use own initiative
- Effective time management
- Very organised
- Good attention to detail
- Professional approach to work
- Keen to progress
- Interest in sales
- Team player
We're based in the News Building which we share with our News UK and Dow Jones colleagues in the newly-established London Bridge Quarter, opposite the famous Borough Market. Our new open-plan office has amazing views across London, and includes a variety of break-out areas to aid inspiration and a collaborative approach, a multi-media suite, and a fabulous canteen floor and book shop.
Please apply via the link below with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations. Early applications may be prioritised.
Please note: We consider all applicants based on their skills, experience and ability to do the job. We do not unfairly discriminate on the basis of convictions or other personal information. We do require candidates to undergo employment screening in accordance with the relevant local legislation. This will only happen at the point an offer of employment is made.
Overview of HarperCollins
Our mission at HarperCollins is to harness the power of great publishing and to amplify it through world class marketing, global strength, and relentless innovation. We are all working towards the same goal, and we do it guided by what matters most to us. The culture at HarperCollins is defined by our six values, which inform our everyday actions and the way we behave. From Finance to Editorial, our values shape the way we work.
PUTTING OUR AUTHORS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING. Their success is our first concern.
WORKING TOGETHER. Sharing responsibility, helping colleagues, listening well, embracing difference, and enjoying what we do.
LEARNING & ADAPTING. Taking smart risks, learning from experience without blame and being both curious and willing to change.
LOOKING OUT AS WELL AS IN. Understanding the consumer, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
LEADING NOT FOLLOWING. Staying ahead, looking to the future, being bold and always aiming to be the best.
INTEGRITY IN ALL WE DO. Timely, open and honest communication, being fair, principled and respectful.