HRBP Wealth & Investments - VP
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays employs around 129,000 colleagues in over 50 countries. From recruitment to retention, skills development to talent management, your Human Resources (HR) function supports them all.
HR business partners are an active contributor in supporting the business to achieve its objectives by developing effective HR people initiatives. This includes developing people, structuring teams in the right way and implementing change throughout Barclays. Please visit our website here for more information.
This role will report to the HRD for Wealth and Investments supporting both the HRD and the Wealth & Investments (W&I) CEO office and Business Delivery MD in Barclays UK. The Barclays Group provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Wealth & Investments in the UK is a complicated business due to the variety of products, platforms, locations and significant regulatory risk and & control agenda's. This is a great opportunity to get to grips with a unique business with particular needs and nuances. This role will provide HRBP support to the Head of Business Management, Delivery & Control as well as the broader Exco agenda. As a result the role holder will attend both the W&I UK OpCo and also the UK Platform Operating Forum. This role has additional responsibilities supporting the Head of HR on HR Risk & Control agenda's and will require the role holder to attend the W&I Risk & Control Forum and deputise for the Head of HR as and when required. An aptitude and desire to learn and develop skills in these areas is critical.
- To HR Business Partner senior business leaders (Wealth & Investments Executive Committee Members), acting as a strategic enabler for their assigned business function ( in this instance supporting the Head of Business Management, Delivery & Control and the business management platform that supports Wealth UK, the private banking platform)
- To work closely with the Head of HR in order to provide HR input to the HR Functional Risk & Control agenda's and also the HR input into the business units Risk & Control Forum and any other associated committee's.
- To lead the implementation and development of the overall People strategy for their assigned business unit/function ensuring the HR team delivers commercial, add value HR solutions that are truly aligned to the overall business strategy
- To lead, develop and manage directly and indirectly the HR function including all HR specialisms
- To provide strategic insight and challenge to their business to ensure high performance is achieved within their business unit
- To support the HRLT in the creation and delivery of "stretch" BUK HR objectives
- Develop and build strong influential relationships across the senior management teams in order to deliver add value, commercial HR solutions in line with the overall People & Business Strategy.
- Work in partnership with the leadership teams in the development and improvement of colleague, team and function performance in line with the HR priorities and the business change agenda
- To coach and challenge business leaders on all aspects of people strategy and HR related issues to raise the bar on performance across the function and a highly engaged workforce
- Lead strategic workforce optimisation initiatives and any associated change projects in order to actively increase revenue and business performance
- Champion talent management within UK RBB and their business unit and ensure a cohesive approach across functions from acquisition to talent development to key employee retention.
- Ensuring that all key HR operational processes are delivered successfully to the business including payround, recruitment and all other cyclical activity
Managing & Leading People
- To drive high performance within the HR team ensuring that we continually push the benchmarks of performance
- To matrix manage shared resources to ensure high service delivery and add value HR solutions
- To indirectly lead their business units on the People strategy acting as a trusted advisor, coach and enabler
Determine/Diagnose and Deliver solutions
- To identify HR solutions that directly impact on business performance over the medium to long term
- Ultimate responsibility for the delivery of the HR team for all end to end processes ensuring continuously performance and process improvement
- Development and leadership of transformational HR projects including contract negotiation and budget management that add value over the medium to long term
Measure and Evaluate
- Measurement of the performance and effectiveness of the HRM and HRA population against both internal and external benchmarks to continuously improve HR service delivery
- Delegate tasks and initiatives to HRMs and HRAs and oversee the quality of service and delivery and ensure solutions are fit for business requirements
- Continuous review of operating procedures to ensure efficiency, speed of delivery and impact on business performance
Competence, expertise & Knowledge
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of HR including ER, Resourcing, Talent Management and Reward
- Demonstrable business partnering experience with senior management/leadership teams and a proven track record of successfully influencing to achieve results
- Demonstrable experience of delivering of robust, commercial HR solutions across a large complex environment/business
- The ability to develop and manage effective relationships across a diverse group with extensive experience in contracting and consulting across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of coaching and developing individuals, teams, functions to higher performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal including experience of presenting and influencing senior management population
- Financial management and planning skills including experience of budget management
- Commercial drive and acumen including sound knowledge of the economy, market and customer trends affecting the business.
- Able to effectively manage a high volume workload.
- Travel and UK mobility will be a required element
- CIPD Qualified
- Degree Qualified
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .