BIA Automated Audit - AVP
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
About Barclays Internal Audit
Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Vision: Leaders in Assurance
• Be Brilliant: Leading edge assurance; Leading edge people; Leading edge thinking
• Be Impactful: In the business; In the community and In the profession
• Be Agile: Be independent, a respected voice, innovative and efficient.
BIA Overview: BIA aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
Please visit our website here for more information.
Work collaboratively with others in BIA to develop strong independent client relationships, to be a respected voice. Responsible for delivery of audits/assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology and to support delivery of the BIA Audit Plan.
• Owning and driving Data Analytics Strategy in key portfolios within BIA.
• Develop sustainable and re-useable Data Analytics models and programs to improve the efficiency of BIA control testing.
• Support audit delivery teams with the identification and delivery of analytics solutions.
• Provide training to audit staff on how to develop and execute basic analytics programs.
• Maintain a library of re-usable data analytics programs and functional specifications.
• Build self-service tools/dashboards. Maintain common data used by audit delivery teams.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all internal colleagues and other control functions.
• Communicate with and Influence stakeholders of all levels to progress DA strategy for their portfolios.
• Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
• Share knowledge with BIA and business colleagues.
• Communicating analytical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Be open to learning from feedback given by others.
• Take proactive responsibility for the development of your peers.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Develop practical and innovative ways of improving audit work through the use of analytics.
• Support the Data Analytics Vice Presidents in analytics project scoping and development where necessary.
Essential Experience :
• Practical experience of development and execution of analytics programs ideally within an audit or control function.
• Leading teams/projects responsible for delivering analytics/self-serve tools etc.
• Practical experience of data analysis with a RDBMS (SQL Server/Oracle/Teradata etc.).
• Data Analysis/Mining/Scripting experience (R/Python/SAS).
• Data Visualisation experience (Tableau/Spotfire/Qlikview/d3.js)
• Programming / software development / data management experience.
• Proven track record of high performance in previous roles.
• Track record in influencing senior stakeholders. Experience with advanced analytics/Machine learning (Decision Trees/Clustering etc.).
• Analytics experience within an internal/external audit or risk management function
• Knowledge about new and emerging data analytics technologies.
• Experience of leading others during projects.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .