Cost Transformation (AVP)
- Flexible Hours
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions - in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website .
The Finance department covers Financial Control, Product Control and BP&A globally across Barclays. The department plays a fundamental role in supporting the firm's business areas by providing high-quality reporting and accounting services.
Structural Reform is a group-wide initiative to deliver a new Target Operating Model across Barclays that meets market and regulatory expectations.
Within Finance Structural Reform Programme, Cost Transformation is a key strategic priority to ensure appropriate internal focus on cost transparency, management and reduction through re-engineered cost infrastructure and processes.
The role is for a Business Analyst to be part of the programme team to deliver the next wave of strategic and bank-wide Cost Transformation that is expected to enhance the commercial value of the Bank. The role holder will produce business process documentation, business requirements, implement and support testing and roll out the strategic solutions against Cost Transformation delivery commitments.
Main Duties - Business Analyst / Agile Delivery
- Working with the business to determine and document clear and concise 'to be' business process and operating model documentation.
- Facilitate user workshops, document key processes, produce & present training materials
- Working with the business to determine and document clear and concise business requirements.
- Working with IT groups to convert requirements into specification.
- Act as the bridge between the business, IT and the businesses.
- Development of system operating models and processes
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of User Testing.
- Develop and deliver user procedures and training.
- Provide go-live and post implementation support.
- Identify/anticipate obstacles and analyse and propose resolutions - CRAID management
- Understand impact of proposed changes on business areas and processes
- Regular status reporting ensuring clear and consistent updates are provided
- Project Management / Scrum Master responsibilities for individual work streams / feature teams.
- Adopt and evolve the agile approach
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
One or more of the following:
- Formal business analysis training / qualifications
- Accounting qualification (eg accountancy degree or ACA/CIMA training)
- Graduate with accounting experience
Experience Required (Essential):
- Proven business analysis experience in an international Bank or consulting firm within financial services (with focus on banking)
- Previous experience within a Finance related function in a top tier Bank, preferably within an MI reporting function
- Track record of completing business analysis assignments (business requirements gathering & testing)
- Strong business analysis skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexible and proactive work style
- Proven ability to meet tight timelines
- Knowledge of Finance functions
- Ability to plan, manage, prioritise and execute detailed tasks
Experience Required (Preferred):
- General accounting knowledge
- Operational experience in a Finance line function within the banking industry
- Business process re-engineering
- Management experience (matrix)
- Agile methodology (theory & practice)
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to use own initiative to resolve issues/ investigate and find solutions
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and make informed decisions
- Diligent and self motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent organisational skills
- Goal focused, demonstrating tenacity and innovation when faced with challenges
- Strong team player; someone who will make a contribution to areas outside their remit and appreciates the bigger programme picture
- Constantly challenges the status quo; looks for more efficient ways of producing results
- Used to working to both short and long term goals/deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
Date last reviewed March 8 th 2016
Name of reviewer Nick Arnold & Peter McCabe.