AVP Corporate Transaction Banking,
2 days left
- Flexible Hours
AVP - BIA Barclays International - Corporate and Investment Banking Division
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Vision: To assist Barclays in becoming the Go To Bank, by facilitating the improvement of the Governance and Control Environment. We:
• Be Brilliant:
o Leading edge assurance
o Leading edge people
o Leading edge thinking
• Be Impactful
o In the business
o In the community
o In the profession
• Be Agile
o Be independent
o Be a respected voice
o Be innovative and efficient
BIA Overview: BIA aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and Executive Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment.
Work collaboratively with others to develop strong stakeholder relationships and support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
Main duties & responsibilities
• Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
• Engage and motivate others to develop their skills/knowledge/experience to contribute to the success of BIA.
• Celebrate the success of self and others and take pride in achievements.
• Act as mentor and coach to less experienced team members and support others to develop. Provide guidance to AVPs during audit assignments.
• Complete audit planning including documentation of audit scope, process understanding, risk & control identification, and testing strategies.
• Complete audit fieldwork by testing key controls and documenting your audit work.
• Support audit leads by writing high quality issues and recording management's action plans.
• Complete testing of audit issues confirmed as closed by the business.
• Provide complete, accurate and timely information to stakeholder for BIA reporting.
• Create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with BIA colleagues and peers in the business.
• Ensure the inclusion of all colleagues, regardless of background or circumstances.
• Take into account reputation of Barclays at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
• Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
• Make sure colleagues are equipped to be able to protect our reputation at all times.
• Support citizenship agenda across BIA to contribute positively to the communities we operate in.
• Apply citizenship lens when making business critical decision.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Build trusting and open relationships with on each audit and develop relationships with key stakeholders in the business area to which you are aligned.
• Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit issues with stakeholders/Vice President/Director as appropriate.
• Challenge others where appropriate, including effectively challenge audit stakeholders in order to reach the right control outcomes.
• Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all internal BIA colleagues.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Assess and conclude on the effectiveness of controls and risk mitigation, following objective analysis and review of relevant data, in audits and issue validation.
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
• Through continuous monitoring, keep up to date with risks, issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to amend the audit approach where necessary.
• Contribute to risk assessment activity.
Risk and Control objective:
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Skills & knowledge (specific product knowledge, PC skills, languages etc.)
Candidate profile (team player, change agent, confident)
• Extensive experience in risk based auditing or risk/control.
• Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CISA, for audit roles; technical qualification for specialist risk team roles; and graduate degree for all ).
• Team player; strong communication skills; and good attention to detail.
• Proven track record of high performance in previous role(s).
You must be able to demonstrate that you live the Barclays values and behaviours:
• Respect - Respect and value those you work with and the contribution they make.
• Integrity - Act fairly, ethically and openly in everything you do.
• Service - Put stakeholders and customers at the centre of everything you do.
• Excellence - Use your energy, skills and resources to deliver the best sustainable results.
• Stewardship - Be passionate about leaving things better than you found them.
• Financial services industry knowledge, particularly related to Corporate and Investment Banking.
• Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services.
• Also experience of auditing conduct risk arising from client interactions.
• Working knowledge of control, regulatory and risk issues and demonstrate practical application of this knowledge.
• Travel outside of base location to UK and international sites can be approximately up to 40% of the role.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .