Control Room Surveillance Analyst
3 days left
- Flexible Hours
Control Room Surveillance Analyst
Across Trade Surveillance, Electronic Communication Surveillance and Control Room Surveillance, the team conduct surveillance of electronic communications and transactions, identify breaches of regulatory requirements and firm policies, detect emerging trends, and promote pro-active surveillance.
The role will focus on monitoring the Control Room Surveillance program for EMEA across the Barclays enterprises in all monitored regions, in accordance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements, firm policies and industry best practices. He or she will primarily provide coverage for the team in London, and on occasion be asked to provide coverage to the team in New York.
• Conducting daily analysis of Firm-wide information barrier surveillance
• Identify and escalate potential breaches of regulatory rules, firm policies, and the misuse of MNPI
• Assisting with the development, drafting and integration of processes and procedures
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Liaise regularly with other Compliance and Risk areas, including the other Global Surveillance functions, Product Compliance and other areas as required.
• The individual should have good communication skills, ability to interact and work with key stakeholders.
• There may be the requirement for the role holder to assist other regional Control Room Surveillance teams when required.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Assist the Control Room Surveillance Team with designing and developing complex surveillance models that have a strong focus on information barrier breaches.
• Assist the Control Room Surveillance Team to define criteria and help create models utilizing business and statistical concepts for logic functionality.
• Degree or equivalent experience
• PC literate
• Strong Surveillance experience in an Investment Bank or Regulator preferred
• Working knowledge of using mainstream Surveillance systems preferred, e.g. Actimize, SMARTS
• Good understanding of UK regulatory environment
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects while completing daily tasks and responsibilities
• Assertive and confident manner
• Team player
• Familiarity with diverse product types (e.g. Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, etc.) and Control Room
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.