Non Bank Financial Institution (NBFI) Credit Officer - Vice President
- Flexible Hours
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays International Risk
Barclays Risk provides strong risk management capabilities, strong challenge and strong support, to help deliver the bank's risk appetite. Please visit our website here for more information.
We are looking for an experienced risk manager to join the NBFI/FI Sanctioning Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of Bank & Non-Bank financial institutions (e.g. Banks, Insurance compnaies and brokers, PE funds, MSBs and Fin tech businesses). The role will include ongoing analysis of exposures including excess and exceptions reporting, completion of credit applications, assessment of new transaction requests from the Front Office, formulating a fundamental risk appetite for individual clients, and sanctioning of both exposures and limits with acceptable risk parameters within delegated authority.
Analaysis and recommendations are also proposed to the senior authorities (i.e. senior sanctioners and the Group Chief Sanctioning Officer) for those exposures that exceed personal discretion. The job holder will also need toverify counterparty credit default gradings and LGD calculations.
The candidate will require a solid understanding of Credit Risk analysis as well as associated legal documentation and relevant risk metrics and modelling approaches.
The role holder will be in regular communication with senior management in both the Front Office, Risk and across Functions.
- Analysis of counterparty credit quality, risk and exposure
- Analysis of facility structures both Primary and Traded products including credit mitigations
- Analysis of new transactions / clients and preparation of credit applications / sanctioning applications from Junior Credit Officers as required
- Portfolio analysis and setting associated risk appetites
- Ad hoc risk analysis of market and macroeconomic events
- Preparation of counterparty and portfolio level applications / reports and presentation of analysis and results to senior management as necessary
- Sound knowledge of debt facilities (e.g. loands and RCFs) and familiarity with legal documentations and credit mitigants
- Strong understanding of derivative and repos and relevant documentation (e.g. ISDA structuring)
- Significant experience in credit risk analysis and sanctioning roles
- In-depth risk management experience across client and product types
- Excellent product knowledge across debt and derivative products
- Sound credit risk judgement
- Solid reporting and presentation skills
- Previous experience delivering a BAU risk function in a management role
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .