2 days left
- Flexible Hours
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays Risk is mandated by the Barclays Board with the overall management and oversight of risk management practices group-wide. It operates right across the organisation, and right across the globe to protect Barclays' financial performance and reputation.
Our Risk professionals have advanced technical skills across a broad range of disciplines. They take the lead in addressing issues including the potential implications of an economic downturn or financial crime, and in advising Barclays' business leaders in making measured decisions. Through dedicated support services Risk teams make a real difference to Barclays' business clients by sanctioning loans and investments, and by helping to turnaround their fortunes when they are facing financial difficulties. We also provide peace of mind for Barclays' Retail customers by protecting their assets and investments, whilst also protecting the transactions of our Barclaycard customers wherever they are in the world.
Risk and Analytics- Shared Service created across Barclays, focuses on five key areas:
• Shared Service for all Reporting and MI. (CRIS)
• Standards and methodologies for all risk modelling across Barclays. Lead capital and impairment model development as well as business model development for our Cards, Retail and SME businesses.
• Quantitative Analytics: Wholesale Credit Risk Models, Market Risk models and Exposure Risk models.
• Fraud Analytics supporting Cards and Retail. This also includes Model Monitoring across Barclays Risk and a newly formed Financial Crime analytics team,
• Cards Models Development, including a new Risk Data Strategy & Governance team
Overall purpose of role
To run with FRTB (BA work, QIS work and analytical work) from a CRIS Modelled Market Risk perspective by engaging with quant teams, risk managers, and R&A.
• Understand thoroughly, the FRTB requirements and contribute to the strategic solution on data, calculations, analytics, and reporting by engaging with quant teams, risk managers and R&A.
• Lead specific work streams within FRTB independently and work towards providing an efficient working BAU model by representing CRIS Market Risk in various project forums.
• Understand and run with the QIS (Quantitative Impact Study) for FRTB
• Act as a co-ordination and advice point for CRIS Market Risk teams on all FRTB related concerns.
• Assist in adhoc projects such as Stressed Optimal Period Selection, RFT, CDSIO onboarding, whenever required
• Support BAU activities when required and work on any mini-projects to optimize BAU
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships within CRIS globally and other teams such as quant teams, R&A, Risk Managers etc
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Ability to work independently with high tolerance for ambiguity
• Ability to articulate issues and steer the decision making process involving multiple stakeholders
o Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
Degree in a numerate subject Post Graduate or Professional Qualification in a numerate subject/finance/business degree
• Strong analytical mindset with a strong understanding/experience of Market Risk ideally within a Tier 1 Investment Bank
• Ability to understand and write VBA / Python code (preferred but not mandatory)
• Ability to communicate effectively and co-ordinate work with various teams in the bank and get results
• Excellent team player with the ability to also work independently on mini-projects when required
• Self-motivated, takes ownership of responsibilities assigned to him/her and working towards closure of issues by prioritising effectively
• Prior experience in Market Risk/ Risk reporting with a good level of knowledge on the Market Risk infrastructure in an Investment banking environment
• Proven ability to work under pressure and balance priorities
• Able to pay attention to detail and demonstrate awareness of internal controls
• Willing to challenge existing processes in a tactful manner