AVP - Capital Markets Execution - Treasury
• The role is located in the Capital Markets Execution (CME) team of Barclays International Treasury.
• The purpose of the role is to lead the execution of securitization transactions to meet the funding, liquidity and risk transfer requirements of Barclays International (BI).
• The role will also require supporting the down-streaming of capital from Barclays PLC into Barclays International.
• Assessing the suitability of various asset classes for securitization for the purposes of risk transfer, funding and liquidity. Partnering with asset owners to obtain a detailed understanding of the assets, their risks attributes and associated data, and filtering these into useable portfolios.
• Working with asset owners to improve the quality of data in the asset portfolios for the purposes of using these portfolios for securitisations.
• Accessing the economics of potential transactions. Building and running detailed cash-flow and risk projections projection models of potential transactions and evaluating the sensitivities of these projections to various regulatory and economic parameters.
• Providing support and analysis for the inclusion of securitization transactions into liquidity, funding and capital planning.
• Carrying out other numerical analysis to support the team's decision making.
• In the execution of transactions, participate actively in the deal team by taking direct ownership of tasks and driving these to completion.
• In the execution of transactions, take a lead role in management and co-ordination of the deal team by for example, coordinating meetings, setting the agenda, taking and circulating minutes and agreed actions, compiling and updating project progress track lists, and preparing material for discussions and presentations.
• Build and develop transaction management frameworks and provide operational oversight of completed transactions.
• Providing support to the desk in discharging its regulatory and other obligations. E.g. Volcker funds analysis and attestation process.
• Reviewing and providing summaries of securitisation legal documentation and relevant regulations or policy frameworks.
• Post execution management of transactions: This means ownership of P&L and risk; performing daily P&L flash and P&L explain; and rolling of collateral. Develop knowledge and familiarity with systems and booking platforms as needed to do this.
• Carry out other tasks relating to the team's assigned projects as directed by the Directors and MDs of BI CME.
• Analytical / problem solving. - An ability to analyze complex transactions from quantitative (model building) and qualitative perspectives.
• Excel to an advanced level. In particular this means:
o Ability to organize, analyse, and summarize large amounts of data in Excel
o An ability to build forecasting / projection models (cash flow, risk, RWA projections)
• A good communicator. Written communication (Word, email, PowerPoint) is clear and well articulated, and level of detail is appropriate for the audience.
• Results orientated with a focus on accuracy, high quality and timely delivery
• Takes initiative. An enthusiastic self starter. Can take charge in the absence of detailed instructions.
• Keen to familiarise themselves with legal and regulatory documentation and stay abreast of legal and regulatory developments.
• An understanding of Treasury's function in the Barclays group and of Treasury processes (capital, funding, liquidity, transfer pricing, ALM, etc)
• Exposure to capital markets (in and particular credit and fixed income) and/or debt finance.
• Exposure to securitization. Familiarity with the documentation, legal and regulatory frameworks of securitizations.
• Project management and transaction execution.
• Credit risk analysis of assets (including risk weight calculation of assets).
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.