Head of Strategy, Programme and Communications
The postholder will be Head of Strategy, Programme and Communications. This will involve:
• Development of overall CCAV strategy, working with Whitehall and industry stakeholders to ensure we are doing the right things to ensure the UK is seen as a leading country in the development and the deployment of these technologies, and that our work aligns with wider Government priorities;
• Oversight, management and targeting of CCAV public communications, PR and marketing, including developing joint work with other DfT, BEIS and DIT teams;
• Coordinating and influencing other non-CCAV communications activities to ensure maximum visibility for UK development work;
• Coordination of CCAV international engagement, including identification and relationship management of key international partners;
• Management and oversight of the CCAV programme, corporate planning, and corporate reporting (including managing the secretariat for a cross-Whitehall Programme Board);
• Maintaining a high quality CCAV briefing function, maintaining the confidence of Ministers and senior officials.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Seeing the big picture
- Collaborating and partnering
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Leading and communicating
Civil Service Competency Framework
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
Should a large number of applications be received, the initial sift may be conducted using a lead
competency. This will be the competency which is listed first in the job advert.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the essential role requirements within the application competency responses.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.