Job Title Events Coordinator (Banking)
Barclays are recruiting for a full time permanent Events Coordinator in the London office. Events, Roadshows & Hospitality supports business strategy by delivering quality brand, customer, client and colleague experience through offering innovative and creative solutions in the execution of our four areas of expertise: Events, Roadshows, Hospitality and Merchandise. This role will involve:
- To develop and execute a diverse range of events to the highest standard
- Responsibility for all aspects of event end-end in conjunction with colleagues/ Managers
- To be aware of budgets, and support team with venue and supplier management activities
- The vacancy is a replacement role
- Plan end-to-end event activity including the following:
- Prepare and manage event budgets and end-to-end finance process
- Manage event timelines and project plans and procurement activities and support colleagues with theirs
- Delegate management including invitation production, joining instructions and on-site management
- Follow all internal processes and policies; and use internal technology systems effectively
- Follow our health and safety risk assessment procedures for all events
- Experience in organising external corporate events, ideally in the Banking secotr
- Proficient in Microsoft skills (Ppt, Word, Excel)
- Aptitude and ability to navigate using different technology systems
(OneEvent; iPlanner: AIP; SAP; eTouches; iConference)
- Industry knowledge and prior experience: Events, Roadshows, Hospitality & Merchandise
• Proven skills and experience in negotiations
• Experience within the Financial services industry
• Regional Languages an advantage
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.