Markets Compliance - ADS, Prime, Futures & Options
ADS Markets Compliance
Agency Derivatives Services ("ADS") is a division of Barclays Markets providing agency execution services for futures and listed options, clearing services for listed and OTC derivatives, and FX prime brokerage. Given the regulatory framework surrounding derivatives exchanges and the rise of OTC clearing following the financial crisis, ADS operates in a highly regulated and rapidly changing environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include: advising ADS on firm regulatory policies and procedures in respect of global regulatory requirements, advising local businesses on country-specific and exchange-specific regulatory requirements, and liaising with Exchanges and CCPs on all manner of compliance queries.
Working with the broader ADS and Prime Services compliance team, the individual will be expected to cover wider Markets compliance work (for e.g. training or policy implementations).
- Consistently demonstrates behaviour in line with the Barclays Values (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, Stewardship)
- Independent ability to check and challenge, confidence to challenge the business and escalate when appropriate
- Exercises integrity and judgment to influence behaviours
- Strong verbal and written communication; good interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Willingness to spot problems and proactively drive change
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles
- Awareness of external industry sector and the changing regulatory environment
- General understanding of products, services, and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Resilience to change, ability to deal with conflict, adaptability
- Ability to multi-task and interface with peers
- Analysis, planning, and problem-solving skills
- A personality that will assist in driving individual team success and serve as a team player
- Willing and eager to learn and understand the business
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.