Collateral Margin Services Analyst
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
About Global Markets Operations
Barclays is a market leader in many of the global markets and asset classes. The Global Markets Operations function sits within the Global COO division and plays an important role within Barclays International (BI) working with IB, Corporate and Wealth businesses to support growth and businesses, manage risk and the control environment, develop operating models, and managing change and strategy to build an effective and scalable platform.
About Collateral, Margin and Valuations Services
Collateral, Margin and Valuation Services (CMVS) is a business and risk aligned function responsible for managing Barclays' collateral, exposure, valuations and regulatory margin commitments across a range of products to help minimise credit, market and reputational risks associated to our business activity. Our focus is to ensure high levels of control and efficiency across our processes, a proactive approach to managing risk and improving processes, and to partner closely with business and infrastructure teams to support the effective use of capital and balance sheet resources for the firm.
The team is also responsible for developing best practice to meet industry and client demand, driving compliance with the growing market and regulatory requirements, and building a scalable Enterprise framework for Barclays future. CMVS partners closely with teams across Trading, Sales, Collateral Optimisation, Treasury, Product and Valuation Control, Legal, Compliance, Risk and MO / Ops teams. We support a variety of products including all OTC derivative asset classes as well as FI, Equity, Repo, Cleared, Structured, GNA and Prime Brokerage products
This role provides critical experience and expertise to the Barclays collateral function during a time of unprecedented regulatory change, contributing strongly not only to the day-to-day margin activity but also to successful delivery of regulatory compliance.
The Collateral and Margin teams are a key first line of defence function and this role is required to ensure strong delivery, control and oversight of potential risks as well as manage client service and interactions across the teams. The role will partner closely with colleagues across the function as well as a diverse group of stakeholders across business and infrastructure teams.
- Contribute to the build-out of an enterprise Collateral, Margin and Valuations service appropriate to the new and emerging regulatory landscape
- Support the successful integration of regulatory change - eg, Structural Reform, FINRA 4210, Uncleared Swap Margin
- Stay abreast of market, industry and regulatory changes
- Maintain a strong focus on risk management and process improvement
- Proactive partnership with key stakeholders across infrastructure teams
- Support wider Middle Office and/or Operations as required
- Provide support to wider Barclays citizenship, community and diversity initiatives
- Experience in business-facing functions with knowledge of execution, control and risk.
- Prior experience in Collateral, Middle Office, Finance, Capital, Risk and / or Optimisation functions preferable
- Confidence and desire to build knowledge across a wide range of disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication and teamwork
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to operate independently - proactive and positive attitude and desire to make a difference
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail, delivering high quality output
- Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrate a structured, outcome-oriented approach
- Ability to recognize when escalation is required
- Ability to think outside of the box, provide quick solutions and resolve problems in a timely manner
Key specific accountabilities
- Work in partnership across CMVS to ensure continuous delivery
- Identification and management of issues / risks with appropriate timely escalation.
- Pick up ad hoc tasks / initiatives within the broader team
- Contribute to the teams' intellectual capital.
Technical Skills and Qualifications will include
- Educated to A level or equivalent qualification
- Financial services experience
- High level understanding of the trade lifecycle and the functions across Operations and Markets groups
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .