Continuous Improvement Analyst (Manchester, Knutsford, Coventry)
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Analyst
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
The effective management of our processes is key to the success of Barclays. Across our PB Ops sites the Continuous Improvement Team manages Customer Journeys for a wide range of customers, from a personal customer's saving account to ensuring that our largest customers have enough cash to run their businesses.
We're proud of the close relationships we have with the Operations Teams and Technology Teams - each initiative we deliver will benefit the team around us and PB Ops as a whole, whether this be by improving our Customer NPS scores, reducing complaints, or driving down operational costs, all of which enhance and benefit the customer experience.
• To be responsible for the successful delivery, adoption and support of Continuous Improvement projects and external initiatives in line with the BUK Automation Strategy and Customer Journey Framework. Work collaboratively and flexibly across the Continuous Improvement team in order to deliver the Truly Connected Finance strategy.
• To work with the BUK Network to generate ideas and shape to turn into Projects and Initiatives that deliver customer and operational benefit.
• Good experience in Project Management or Business Analysis in previous roles
• Strong Skills in the use of documentation and presentation software tools e.g.: MSWord and PowerPoint
• Skilled in the use of Operational modelling tools e.g.: Blueworks or visio for the production of business operational designs
• Confident in the use of project planning tools e.g. Excel
• An understanding of Barclays technology systems and an ability to increase technical understanding
• Be able to understand data analysis and statistical techniques and use this to inform stakeholders and formulate solutions
• Team Building/Team Player
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Good level of organisational and planning skills
• Skilled in the use of Operational modelling tools e.g.: Blueworks or Visio for the production of business operational designs
• Have a good level of understanding and knowledge of Barclays technology systems
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.