HR Business Partner- Finance
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall Job Purpose
• Work in partnership with senior business leaders , acting as a strategic enabler for business units within the HR GFD area
• Lead the implementation and development of the overall People strategy for the business units ensuring the HR team delivers commercial, value add HR solutions that are truly aligned to the overall business strategy
• Support and lead projects across GFD on behalf of the Head of HR
Strategic Partnership and Leadership
• Develop and build strong influential relationships across the senior management teams in order to deliver add value, commercial HR solutions in line with the overall People & Business Strategy.
• Work in partnership with the leadership teams in the development and improvement of colleague, team and function performance in line with the HR priorities and the business change agenda
• Coach and challenge business leaders on all aspects of people strategy and HR related issues to raise the bar on performance across the function and ensure a highly engaged workforce
• Provide trusted and expert advice and support on a range of HR issues such as reward, employee relations, talent, performance, organisation development/change, culture, leadership and learning and development
• Support the business leadership to build a high performance culture, aligned to the Group Behaviours and Values
• Partner with HR operational and specialist colleagues to deliver a seamless HR service to the business
• As a functional leader, build professional capability in the HR team and contribute to the broader One HR capability agenda
• Lead strategic workforce optimisation initiatives and any associated change projects in order to actively increase revenue and business performance
• Champion talent management to ensure a cohesive approach across functions from acquisition to talent development to key employee retention.
• Ensure all key HR operational processes are delivered successfully to the business including payround, recruitment and all other cyclical activity
• Ensure all people processes meet risk and governance requirements and align fully with Group Values and Behaviours
Competence, expertise & Knowledge
• Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of HR including ER, Organisation Design, Resourcing, Talent Management and Reward
• Demonstrable business partnering experience with senior management/leadership teams and a proven track record of successfully influencing to achieve results
• Demonstrable experience of delivering of robust, commercial HR solutions across a large complex environment/business
• The ability to develop and manage effective relationships across a diverse group with extensive experience in contracting and consulting across multiple stakeholders.
• Experience of coaching and developing individuals, teams, functions to higher performance
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal including experience of presenting and influencing senior management population
• Financial management and planning skills including experience of budget management
• Commercial drive and acumen including sound knowledge of the economy, market and customer trends affecting the business.
• Able to effectively manage a high volume workload.