Resourcing Project Manager
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Resourcing Centre of Excellence
E.g. Compliance operates as one team to drive the right customer outcomes and protect the integrity of the financial services markets through innovation. Please visit our website here for more information.
This role holder will be managing and leading a number of key components of the large and complex projects that the Resourcing Supplier Management team run throughout the year. They will be responsible for the monitoring, tracking and reporting on project status and update senior management where applicable. A key area of focus is on the generation of contracts and the management of one off agreements with our global supply chain.
- Submit project updates to relevant stakeholders
- Will be working with senior stakeholders to design specific tailored projects to each business area
- Ensure any project documents are complete and current
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as needed to meet changing needs.
- Support with management of day to day operational aspects of project
- Support with Supply management contract questions
- As required support in the production of management information and resourcing communications
- Help facilitate the appropriate set up of new suppliers to the Barclays Procurement systems
- Resourcing knowledge / experience and understanding of supply chain management is preferential
- Communication skills - written, verbal and oral
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of working with and analysing large amounts of data
- Self-starter, able to work proactively and seek out opportunities to develop.
- Strong presentation skills, able to work with senior stakeholders.
- Evaluative judgement and analytical skills required. The individual should be adept at handling complex and changing environments.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including strong PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to influence and drive change in a collaborative way, including providing a challenge to programme and project managers with regard to e.g. programme / project costs, benefits, risks and scope creep
- Manages time well to meet competing priorities and performs well under pressure, including reporting hot spots at month end and external reporting periods
- Attention to detail in the production of data packs for decision makers, whilst not losing sight of the 'big picture' and having consideration to the seniority / subject matter expertise of the target audience
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .