AVP - Planning and Stress Testing
This role is to support production of the firm's Capital plans - Group and Structural reform and enhance processes and MI capabilities. This role works closely with the technical disciplines of Treasury to ensure that the latest methodologies and constraints are incorporated in the plan and to provide robust interlocked plans and recommendations around the optimal strategy of the firm
The production of coherent and well understood Capital plans is fundamental to the firms ability to manage Capital resources. This role will provide a practical and hands on understanding of the Capital planning processes and key risks / opportunities to the firm, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their knowledge. The candidate will gain valuable insight into the underlying regulatory capital requirements and the primary drivers of the capital adequacy of the bank as well as driving the strategic architecture within the planning process.
This role is to engage with Treasury Capital and Leverage Management (CALM) team and within entity Treasury teams with respect to the delivery and explain of the Capital plans. The main focus for this role will be to engage with stakeholders and execute the process of generating Capital Plans as part of various planning exercises (MTP, STP, Internal Stress Test, External Stress Test etc) but on occasion the successful candidate will be required to perform analysis themselves to support movement in various capital items and other deliverables within the team.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for Capital Planning related activities and related deliverables - production and control of the plans on an ongoing basis but will also get practical exposure to other areas of Planning & Stress Testing. Key areas of responsibility:
- Planning, preparation and supporting production of Capital Plan cycles (including MTP, Stress tests, Legal Entity planning & Weekly Outlook)
- Actual vs. forecast trend analysis
- Liaison with key stakeholders (i.e. BP&A, Regulatory Finance, CALM)
- Drive improvement and standardisation of the forecasting processes
- In addition the successful candidate will have an opportunity to contribute toward other initiatives across the team such as driver based modelling and model enhancement as well as ad hoc analysis when required
- Able to design and deliver new management information and analysis that supports and enhances forecasts and forecasting processes
- Strong controls awareness
- Strong knowledge of Excel and ability to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of capital planning and forecasting methodologies and processes
- Basic knowledge of a bank's balance sheet and capital regulatory landscape
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.