C Developer AVP
IB Tech: Credit, Macro and AETT
AETT is a global technology department that partners with a variety of businesses and functions across Barclays Group.
The majority of the teams are front office facing and responsible for the development and support of trading, eCommerce, pricing and risk management applications. Several teams provide cross-asset technologies offered to the wider Barclays organization. FICC Technology employs developers, business analysts, project managers and application management resources across the globe, and is organized into business and function aligned teams.
This role is within an established team in the FX technology department working as a C++ developer. The role is needed for the transition of ABSA to become a separate and independent bank from Barclays.
Would be expected to carry out all steps of the development lifecycle to deliver new versions of BARX FX Cash namely:
- Working with the team and product owner to understand the requirements
- Analysing those requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution for incorporating them into BARX
- Developing/coding to those requirements
- Unit / system / regression / performance testing those requirements
- Reviewing code produced by others
- Working with the business representatives during the UAT stage
- Working within an Agile methodology and will be involved in spring planning, story estimation and restrospectives.
The role will require the following skills:
- C++: Must have extensive experience of writing multithreaded server applications on Linux/Solaris
- SQL : Must have experience of using SQL, and ability to write stored procedures, triggers.
- Have worked on multi-tier enterprise systems which have a high frequency messaging element between servers and server to GUI.
- Middleware : Must have experience of using middleware messaging components such as Tibco, Talarian, Solace or MQ
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .