Job Title: Senior Developer
Skill Band: IT
Date Posted: 8 Aug 2017
Senior Developer x 2
One Lime Street,
Technology will drive business value for Lloyd's of London and its customers by delivering effective and efficient IT services that embrace innovation for competitive advantage, whilst leveraging its global scope to standardise and integrate platforms and secure the highest value from strategic partnership through optimal sourcing.
The Lloyd's High Performance Computing Team is responsible for developing and maintaining a complex landscape of IT systems. These are used to simulate possible outcomes of insurance policies and investments relating to Lloyd's across many different scenarios. The results of these simulations are used to determine capital requirements for Lloyd's investors based on the Solvency II regulations. The system is based on a state-of-the-art computational grid and sophisticated mathematical software.
Lloyd's is the world's specialist insurance and reinsurance market.
With expertise earned over centuries, Lloyd's is the foundation of the insurance industry and the future of it. Led by expert underwriters and brokers who cover more than 200 territories, the Lloyd's market develops the essential, complex and critical insurance needed to underwrite human progress.
Backed by diverse global capital and excellent financial ratings, Lloyd's works with a global network to grow the insured world--building resilience for businesses and local communities and strengthening economic growth around the world.
The Senior Developer is required to work on the development of the Lloyd's CCK Web Portal and the integration with a new quantitative engine. The portal is a collection of web apps which provide the user interface for Lloyd's Actuaries to interact with the Lloyd's Capital Calculation Kernel.
What Will You Do?
- Integration of the recently selected capital modelling engine technology with the existing bespoke enterprise platform, so as to provide fully-automated end-to-end operation of the Lloyd's Internal Model;
- Automation of MRC business processes to support CCK Next Generation;
- Collaboration with Lloyd's actuaries to enhance the CCK Web Portal;
- Development and support of tools for continuous integration, automated testing and automated deployment, such as Bamboo;
- High quality coding and technical design
- Ensures adherence to IT best practice;
- Ensures effective use of agile delivery;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers and colleagues
What You'll Need
- Experience of relational database technology, ideally SQL Server;
- An ability to support and develop code standards, best practice, configuration and change management processes and procedures and the ability to operate in an iterative development environment;
- Produce and maintain high quality documentation that supports the needs of other project functions such as Architecture, Development, Testing, and Support;
- Mathematical ability together with understanding of numerical methods and statistics;
- Experience in creating and supporting high-quality business applications;
- Experience in delivering projects using continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Experience of IT service management best practices, e.g. ITIL;
- Experience with PyCharm development environment;
- Experience of working with SCRUM agile development methodology.
- Detailed and knowledge of Computer Science, Computer Systems Architecture and High Performance
- A degree in a mathematical, scientific, or engineering subject or equivalent experience.
To apply, please visit
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile:
Please note you will still need to complete you application through our career page in order to be considered for this role