IT Asset Management Analyst
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 17,000 people in 43 countries.
Our underlying business strategy is to maintain operations in the key global insurance markets and, where possible, to be a lead underwriter for selected lines of business.
QBE's strategy of diversification by product and geographical exposure is fundamental to managing our insurance and reinsurance risks and has been a vital ingredient in the Group's success. We have developed a unique QBE culture which is based on six core values and effective risk management practices and controls.
We aim to grow the business through our existing extensive networks and acquisitions of insurance businesses, portfolios and teams of underwriters that meet our stringent criteria for minimum return on equity and EPS accretion in the first year of acquisition. QBE Group has successfully delivered more than 135 acquisitions since our first acquisition in 1982 and has grown substantially over the last 10 years. QBE's gross written premium was US$17.9 billion in 2013.
Assist the Hardware and Software Asset Managers - Infrastructure with managing QBE's IT assets (hardware and software) throughout their life cycle.
The role is responsible for identifying cost efficiencies and best practices, whilst helping to minimize risks and reduce asset losses.
- Follow asset management processes
- Contribute to the refinement of processes and procedures to improve Asset Management systems and procedures
- Provide input to IT Asset Management processes, systems and services
- Build and manage good relationships with QBE staff, the customers of the Asset Management service
- Perform detailed analysis of the IT asset supply and demand and provide the Hardware and Software Asset Managers with the insight to drive strategic decision making
- Providing oversight of the management of the regional IT asset fleet (Hardware and Software) and providing input to the implementation and management of appropriate policies, processes and procedures
- Managing leasing obligations, ensuring timely returns of equipment, and performing financial and equipment reconciliations in relation to the leases
- Coordinate purchasing of desktop and server equipment including computer hardware, servers, peripherals, software and printers as well as voice and network equipment.
- Broad knowledge of IT assets (hardware, software and Software Licensing and physical assets)
- Development of tracking mechanisms and performing analysis skills
- Process design and management
- 5+ years experience in an IT asset management
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Effectively communicate complex and technical concepts to all levels of the organization with a high level of confidence and integrity
- Good Working knowledge of Asset Management tools such as SCCM, ServiceNow
- Familiarity with a variety of SAM tools such as Flexera or Snow (preferred)
- ITIL Foundations V3 Certified (preferred)
- ITIL Awareness (essential)
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.