Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
IB Strategic & Regulatory Change
"Partnering with business stakeholders to define, agree and execute the change portfolio for the IB to meet business outcomes while moving towards a target state blueprint"
This role is for a Project Manager working within the IB SRC Team to deliver large, business critical change. The role operates across all stages of the project lifecycle and all stakeholder groups within the IB.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
A Project Manager (PM) is required to define and manage the plan for a range of strategic and regulatory driven initiatives. E.g. Book standardisation programme, IB location Strategy, etc.
• Work with key business stakeholders to create a robust project business case
• Define a project governance structure and delivery roadmap rightsized to the delivery requirement for maximum efficiency
• Define relevant tasks for project BAs and PMOs across various stages of the project lifecycle
• Resource management across the project / programme including skill-set gap analysis
• Define stakeholder logs and ensure engagement accountability for different user groups remains clear throughout the project lifecycle
• Deliver change to agreed levels of quality as per Group standards
• Ability to perform minor business analysis tasks on a case-by-case basis
• Ability to take blockers and agree solutions across relevant stakeholders
Qualifications / Education
• Degree (or equivalent)
Skills & Knowledge
• Broad financial services experience
• Good understanding of regulatory developments
• Strong analytical skills
• MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Project
• Agile Experience or Training
• Waterfall Experience or Training (e.g. Prince 2)
- 4 years+ Project Management experience on large scale change initiatives
- Managed and developed Business Analyst and PMO Teams
- Experience managing Technical Programmes (desirable)
- In-depth Knowledge of Project Office and Project Management
- Ability to lead the discussion across a senior business audience
- Highly organised, structured and result driven
- Proven desire to understand the content and not just the process
- Ability to operate in a fluid environment where roles and responsibilities are frequently changing
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Previous exposure to Front Office banking environment
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .