AVP - Treasury Finance
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Treasury is a varied Function and can be considered a business in its own right with a purpose to balance the supply and demand of money and capital to create sustainable value. Treasury consists of non-execution disciplines managing the capital, funding, liquidity and banking book interest rate risk position of the Group and execution disciplines accessing the markets to raise funding and invest the liquidity buffer.
Treasury Finance consists of a number of teams, including Product Control, Financial Control, Hedge Accounting, Capital Reporting, BP&A and Forecasting providing a full finance service to Treasury.
Overall purpose of role:
To support the delivery of finance change programmes in Treasury BP&A, including, but not limited to, operating a tactical reporting solution to meet the management information requirements of key stakeholders under a changing legal entity structure. This will involve sourcing and collecting data, understanding the basis of preparation and identifying the impact of changes in the business to the operation of the tactical reporting, developing improvements to MI with senior experts and ongoing support in presenting the results to senior management.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
- Ongoing operation of tactical reporting solution to support Group's internal reporting requirements and alignment to wider strategic reporting project
- Ensure the reporting model meets strong control environment requirements in order to deliver accurate Treasury information
- Engage effectively with key stakeholders on their requirements for the tactical reporting solution, including evaluating impact on input teams and their processes
- Evaluate the impact of forecasted results on the tactical reporting MI and model accordingly
- Develop project plan and timetable to deliver and effectively influence key stakeholders to meet project requirements, such as improvements to existing methodologies in Finance
- Work with technical experts to improve the basis of preparation for reporting Treasury results under shadow legal entity lens and create an accurate model to implement these changes
- Work with key data suppliers to understand the impact of their strategic project changes on improving the quality of the results reported and the process of reporting them
- Continual development of solution to incorporate strategic project changes
- Support and provide regular updates on current Structural Reform programme, and help to drive necessary change across the team
- Own and be responsible for queries raised on all output/deliverables
- Supporting ad-hoc requests ensuring that we meet high standards to provide a timely response to queries
- Influence stakeholders through excellent communication of information, presentation and recommendation of appropriate solutions
Stakeholder management and leadership.
- The role will routinely interact with other Treasury Finance and Treasury teams in order to deliver a tactical reporting solution that meets the needs of all stakeholders
- On-going management of stakeholder requests as wider teams across Treasury and Finance become involved in understanding the results communicated
- Building effective relationships across Finance and the Group as the nature of Treasury Finance evolves in response to Structural Reform
- There will be a need to influence stakeholders through excellent communication of information, presentation and recommendation of appropriate solutions and to support the leadership team in developing and implementing strategy to deliver BP&A vision and achieve overall goals
Decision making and problem solving.
- Determining responses to ad-hoc requests within short time scales
- Developing solutions to continue to achieve deadlines as timelines change
- Working with Treasury Finance teams to develop appropriate, in terms of effectiveness and efficiency, solutions to changes in data requirements and business structures and activities
Risk and Control
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Good knowledge of the Financial Reporting requirements of Treasury and the Group
- Understanding of Structural Reform objectives and the impact on Treasury
- Experience preparing presentations for communicating information or recommendations on appropriate solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills to influence stakeholder review and feedback
- Confidence in working with technical experts to develop appropriate solutions
- Experience designing reporting models to support the tactical reporting requirements and meet key stakeholder needs
- Qualified accountant with experience of financial and product control environments
- Highly motivated self starter, successful in overcoming obstacles
- Drives to achieve stretching objectives, and is able to deliver high quality timescales to tight deadlines
- Strong financial management and analysis skills
- Knowledge of performance management techniques
- Financial modelling and analysis expertise
- Ability to adapt to changes in data requirements and business structures
- Strong communication skills, including working with other Treasury Finance teams to develop most effective and efficient solutions
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .