Treasury Finance Business Analyst - AVP
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Treasury is a varied Function and can be considered a business in its own right with a purpose to balance the supply and demand of money and capital to create sustainable value. Treasury consists of non-execution disciplines managing the capital, funding, liquidity and banking book interest rate risk position of the Group and execution disciplines accessing the markets to raise funding and invest the liquidity buffer.
About Treasury Finance
Treasury Finance consists of a number of teams, including Product Control, Financial Control, Hedge Accounting, Capital Reporting, BP&A, Forecasting and Transfer Pricing providing a full finance service to Treasury.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Overall purpose of role
Treasury Finance currently runs a range of projects across the department. This role will sit the staff member within one of these projects, where they will be involved in designing the future operating model and be responsible for changing business processes and rolling out new system infrastructure
The role is a rotation role with the individual beginning in the Transfer Pricing and Head Office Allocations Projects team for twelve months. After this time, dependent upon business requirements the candidate will either have the opportunity to rotate in to another role in Treasury Finance or will remain in the Transfer Pricing Projects Team. The diverse nature of this role will give the candidate exposure to a wide range of Treasury's activities and allow them to develop a broad and well grounded understanding of the function.
Main duties and responsibilities
Support and help develop Treasury Finance's response to bank-wide structural reform solution (pre and post regulatory delivery deadline), particularly with relevance to transfer pricing and Treasury Head Office allocations:
- Impact analysis for transition throughout and post Structural Reform programme
- Help develop best practice and new processes which will be required to ensure conformance of Finance activities under Structural Reform
- Provide training and regular feedback to the BAU team to ensure smooth transition
- Project planning and analysis over the banks efforts to reform infrastructure set up and processes thereon in the wake of the requirements of Structural Reform
- Testing, from Treasury Finance, perspective solutions developed to facilitate the programme
- Coordinate with BAU team any static set up required to migrate processes and make ready for Structural Reform
- Foresee, navigate and successfully communicate around issues as they arise, proposing tactical or strategic solutions which align with long term goals of the programme
- Identify and help resolve gaps between current state and future target state to ensure programme success
- Provide SME knowledge and experience over transfer pricing to the business and other infrastructure stakeholders, including technical and operational capability to provide an effective solution under Structural Reform.
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders to manage expectations around future operating model for transfer pricing.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA or equivalent)
- Banking experience within a Finance function
- Transfer Pricing experience (preferred)
- SAP ledger experience (preferred)
- High level of excel based analytical skill
- Good PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Good financial product knowledge, with experience of interest rate and capital products (preferred)
- Ability to react to a varied and dynamic working environment
- Project governance and project co-ordination experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .