Entry level Legal Administrator/Secretary
2 days left
- Flexible Hours
Deputyship Administrator - Private Client Practise Area
22nd August 2017
Legal Secretary with CILEX
City Law Firm
Our client, a leading City law firm, is looking for a Legal Secretary / Administrator, with a CILEX qualification, to join a team within their Private Client department.
This entry level legal administration / secretarial role will primarily involve assisting a Partner and Legal Assistant with all administration duties for the team.
The ideal candidate will possess previous administration / secretary experience, preferably within a legal environment (clinical negligence or Court of Protection experience is desirable), exceptional organisational skills, 'can-do', professional and methodical nature and excellent communication skills.
Key duties in this Legal Administrator role include:
• Preparation and maintenance of records and spreadsheets
• Photocopying, printing, scanning and hard-copy filing
• Opening files
• Importing, naming and saving key documents
• Case administration and document management
• Preparing bundles, assisting with indexing and labelling
• Liaising with external organisations and Courts
• Payment of invoices
• Producing reports
• Assisting with the billing process and processing expenses
• Plus more
Skills, experience and attributes required for this role:
• Previous administration experience, preferably in a legal environment
• CILEX qualification
• Highly organised with ability to work in a very busy, deadline driven environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• PC literate - MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
• Ability to learn quickly and efficiently
• Proactive, methodical, professional and positive with a 'can-do' attitude and excellent attention to detail
• Good level of education (GCSE standard or equivalent including English and Maths grades A-C)
• Clinical negligence or Court of Protection experience is desirable but not essential
Does this sound like you? Is this the role you've been looking for? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF), quoting 'LO - Legal Administrator / Secretary'
Thank you for reading this Legal Administration job advertisement. Please only apply for this position if you meet the required skills and experience criteria and your CV is free from errors.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure based on the requirements of our clients. We regret that if you have not been contacted within two working days that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. However, please check your junk email folder to ensure that your spam filter hasn't blocked an email from us. We receive many CVs a day and are unable to enter into telephone conversations until we have completed our initial selection procedure.
If you are already registered with Carousel Consultancy, please contact your Consultant directly to discuss any vacancies you see advertised. You do not need to reapply.
To help you in your job search, please visit our website which has useful advice including specimen CVs, interview tips and how to help you in your search for the perfect role.