4 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Logistics Administrator
Salary: 16-18k with excellent benefits and career progression
Hours: Monday - Friday (37.5hrs with flexible working hours to suit you)
Due to the location of this role you will need your own transport
Our client is a fast growing global organisation who specialise in the aviation industry, they are currently looking for an energetic Logistics Administrator to join their team to ensure that all basic shipments are handled correctly and meet all operational requirements.
The ideal candidate must be able to provide a high quality of service to all customers and departments in all aspects of the Logistics function whilst having excellent attention to detail.
* To understand and respond to urgent customer orders and routine shipments
* To process basic shipments using standard shipping methods
* Answer and make outbound calls with a confident and polite phone manner
* Process and update IT systems with all required information
* Assist with the negotiation of cost effective shipment methods
* Run basic reports and develop ability to analyse simple data
* Assist in gaining price quotes for hazardous and heavyweight shipments
* Adhere to all import and export procedures and controls with awareness of Export Control Legislation
* Request relevant shipment details to complete paperwork requirements
* Guarantee all turnaround times are achieved with high quality service levels being delivered
* Liaise and coordinate with internal departments as required
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
* Experience of working in an administrative role
* Logistics, shipping or aviation experience highly advantageous
* Must have A-levels A-C, a university degree or similar level qualification desirable
* Analytical thinker
* Enjoy new daily challenges & get satisfaction from problem solving
If you are able to use own initiative and want to succeed in a busy environment with the desire to learn and develop within logistics then this is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic company and build a promising career. For more information on this role contact Kelly on or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.