Business Development Manager / Account Manager - Freight
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Feltham, South West London (can be flexible)
Salary: circa £50,000 per annum plus car allowance
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 16,000 people worldwide.
They're now looking to bring on a Business Development Manager to focus on UK sales plan with assigned SME clients, global account market share improvement and GPI targets meeting the objectives of growth and profitability. Successfully promoting and effectively selling the company's brand and products within the UK Market.
The primary purposes of the role are:
- To develop relationships with key customers targeting sustainable market share increase.
- Actively identifying and actioning strategies to maximise sales growth with assigned and target customers.
- To promote and sell differentiating solutions to current and target customers.
- Ensure that all new business is implemented in line with SOP's within the operational departments.
- Measurement of service delivery ensuring customer relationship is maintained.
- Manage portfolio of assigned and new target customers.
- Provide information for sales planning and forecast activities i.e. local market intelligence etc.
- Generate business with assigned SME clients and targets in line with UK sales plan.
- Pro-actively identify areas for improvement/growth to achieve maximum customer service and profitability.
- Provide comprehensive client and target information through the maintenance of CRM.
- Ensure timely and accurate feedback is provided to the customer.
- Collaborate and synchronize efforts for existing and target accounts with Product Teams as well as operations teams.
- Ensure adherence to Panalpina Code of Conduct.
- The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company's business.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and qualities:
- Comprehensive sales experience within a Freight Forwarding or Supply Chain.
- Proven track record.
- Commercial knowledge.
- Numeracy Skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Communication - to add value through clear communication with the internal Operations team and Customers.
- Team Working - to work within a highly motivated team leading by example and driving innovation.
- Decision Making - to work upon own initiative and make informed decisions within timescales.
- Problem Solving - resolve an array of issues on a daily basis.
- Time Management - ability to plan, prioritize and schedule tasks to deliver within strict deadlines.
- Extensive inter-personal skills with a positive mindset.
- Extensive communication and networking skills.
- Good ability to present and articulate.
- Profound ability to focus on customer service as a core value with the ability to engage operations to ensure service is delivered in line with the customer's expectations.
- Negotiation/Influencing Skills.
Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Development Manager, BDM, Logistics Sales, National Business Development Manager, Business Development Leader, Senior Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Internal Sales Manager, Business Development Leader, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Sales Agent, Field Sales, Senior Sales, Commercial Sales, Key Sales, Regional Sales, Sales Professional, Senior Account Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Business Development Manager / Account Manager - Freight
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly