Gardener & Grounds Maintenance Operative
We are looking for a reliable, flexible and enthusiastic gardener to assist our Head grounds person in the daily upkeep of grounds. The role will suit someone who is either looking to begin a career in horticulture, or has a passion for gardens and gardening. Must be comfortable on occasion working alone around the estate.
- Driving self-propelled mower and using light power hand tools.
- Assisting with maintenance of landscape features e.g. tree, shrub and flower planting, pruning, grass seeding, weeding, digging, leaf and litter collection.
- Undertaking basic repairs and maintenance to sports equipment, external furniture, fences, walls, gates, gullies etc.
- Complying with personal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and associated legislation, together with School health and safety rules.
- Driving School vehicles in connection with duties.
- Assisting other teams within the Estates Department when required.
- Enthusiasm and interest in horticultural work
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Able to use hand tools
- Able to lift up to 25kg and able to carry out physically demanding work
- Happy to work outside in all weather
- Willing to work outside normal working hours if needed
- Willing to contribute as a team member
- Training will be provided in house training for new technology and equipment as these are introduced.
- Overtime is available.
- Contributory pension scheme for staff
- Free school meals whilst on duty
- Death in service benefit
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 'Cycle to Work' scheme
Some horticultural experience would be beneficial, although not essential provided a love for gardening and the outdoors is there! 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Some paid overtime working and out-of-hours callouts may be required. (GBP17,000 - GBP18,500)
If you are interested in applying for this role and believe you have suitable experience, please contact Beth Harvey at Red Flag Recruitment LTD. Please apply by sending your CV to Red Flag Recruitment LTD
Red Flag Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency. If you do not hear from us in the next 7 days then I am afraid that your application has been unsuccessful.