Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Community and Acute -Woolwich
Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Community and Acute - Woolwich - GBP25-GBP27ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Integrated Community team within Woolwich The role encompasses the assessment of service users with the aim of increasing their independence at home.
The successful Occupational Therapist should be able to carry out holistic patient assessments both in the community and the wards, document findings and plan treatment plan as appropriate. Knowledge of equipment is desirable and experience of rehabilitation is essential
The post holder will utilise a range of skills and experience gained in clinical practice to perform a specialist, comprehensive assessments using clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques to formulate a treatment plan based on clinical findings.
Sound post graduate experience is essential as well as excellent communication skills, good knowledge of current OT best practice and the ability to work as an effective team member across multi-professional teams.
This post is split across community and Acute medical departments so experience of both would be beneficial
Benefits of the role???
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Ongoing contract
- Flexible working hours
- Joining a collaborative and friendly team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get GBP200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
The main responsibilities of the post:
- To work flexibly and assist in effective and efficient delivery of the service.
- To prioritise workload, delegate and to supervise more junior staff including support staff and students, to aid provision of high standards of patient care.
- To assess the occupational therapy needs of a defined patient group and establish and evaluate appropriate treatment plans. This includes chronic, acute and palliative care within own competencies, recognising own limitations and seeking advice when necessary.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment for patients in medical, social or functional crisis to prevent hospital admission.
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of???
- Acute settings
- Intermediate care
- Community settings
- Holistic assessments
- Home visits
- Functional assessments
- Rehabilitation assessments
- Home pathway
- Assessments of service users fitness of independence
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Providing a customer focused service
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth GBP500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get GBP200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy