Solutions Analyst (Emerging Technologies)
Allianz UK have an exciting opportunity for a talented Solutions Analyst to join our Emerging Technology Team based in our Guildford Head Office. Our Emerging Technology Team is responsible for researching and accelerating the adoption of emerging technologies across the Allianz UK offices.
Current research includes the technological and business capabilities of technologies including: Digital twin, smartdust, Internet of Things (IoT) and Blockchain.
The Solutions Analyst role is a key position within the team and is responsible for the research and design of new solutions. This role will need to interpret business requirements and systems architecture to design and facilitate the delivery of IT solutions. Liaising with business subject matter experts, other analysts, developers and testers will be another important part of this role.
This role is paying up to GBP55,000 for the successful candidate. Other benefits include: Laptop, flexible working, non-contributory pension, subsidised gym membership and discount on Allianz Insurance products (including Petplan).
As the Solutions Analyst your responsibilities will include:
* Researching current, cutting and bleeding edge technologies to determine the capabilities and potential use cases
* Creating proof of concepts and development of outline and candidate architecture
* Developing technical solutions across multiple technologies from high level designs
* Overcoming technical challenges that may arise during the design and development process
* Communication with business and third parties to ensure smooth progression and development of project deliverables
* Reviewing and approving detailed solution designs, ensuring that they are consistent with architecture and security principals
* Supporting the Development and Test teams to ensure that solutions are appropriately implemented and tested
Skills & Experience
As the Solutions Analyst you must possess the following skills/experience:
* IT systems development background with some exposure to systems design
* A technology enthusiast / thought leader who keeps up to date with technological trends
* Good written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate and present proposals effectively at different levels of the organisation
* Vision and creativity: Ability to foresee roadblocks and design intelligent solutions
* Innovation: An interest in new technology and the ability to conceptualise and work with early stage ideas
As the Solutions Analyst you will ideally possess the following skills/experience:
* Previous experience working in an agile environment
* A solid understanding of the General Insurance market
* Previous experience in a R&D or innovation role
* Ability to support the growth and development of junior team members
* Experience in helping develop products from inception stage
* Pre-existing knowledge of Emerging technology trends from a tech development perspective