What We Are Recruiting For
We are looking for passionate, highly skilled Software Engineers with strong C++ programming skills to take responsibility for the technical design and delivery of several product functionalities.
Have you ever wondered how your luggage is transported from check-in on to a plane? Well, it's pretty complex.
Our Heathrow R&D Centre of Excellence is responsible for developing the Amadeus Departure Control System which automates key airport processes from passenger and baggage check-in to boarding to departure.
Over 100 airlines use it to handle 750 million passengers each year.
We have an impressive pipeline of new features & system enhancements planned and we are searching for self-starters who want to craft quality software to bring these changes into production.
It's mission critical, distributed, real-time, written in over 180,000 lines of C++ code and runs 24/7/365 days a year for over 100 airline customers and 750 million passengers each year.
About The Team
This intellectually robust, collegiate and innovative team of 10 is responsible for the Baggage element of the Departure Control System, a critical area for airports.
You'll be expected to hit-the-decks running, adding value from day one to the following elements:
- Helping airlines streamline their baggage check-in services so you have reduced queues at the airports and improved self-service bag drop experience
- Ensuring your bags get to their destination, re-route them in case of disruption and handle all the messaging with airlines/airports for the lifecycle of your bag's journey
- In the unlikely event that you over pack, allowing the airlines to collect excess baggage charges
- Minimise occurrences of lost bags: this is an area ripe for innovation with electronic bag tags & automated baggage tracking
If this sounds like a project you would enjoy working on, then you will be part of the solution and would work with leading industry experts, responsible for all elements of the software, from front-end to back-end!
You will also proactively contribute to product evolution and innovation working closely with Business Analysts, Product Managers, Quality Analysts and implementation teams in an Agile environment.
Your interactions with colleagues will extend beyond London to include Nice, Bangalore and Sydney and across Customer Management, Flight Management, Reservations, Ticketing, Communication Middleware, and Document Servers applications.
What You'll Do
You will have integral involvement at key steps of the product development:
- Analyse needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale
- Transversal solution definition
- Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages to ensure functional compatibility of the solution with each area
- Assess effort required from the team to deliver the solution
- Produce and take part in feasibility studies
- Design and deliver new Baggage functionalities with a high quality level
- Register and spot all the impacts on Amadeus Solutions and Products that are provided to clients and ensure that they are properly handled and solved by the relevant teams
- Support business analysts and software development engineers to ensure a proper implementation of the designed solution
- Contribute to overall product quality by participating to the test strategy and defect investigation
- Be accountable for providing status to stakeholders on a regular and relevant basis at any stage of the engagement
- Highlight and escalate issues and risks early so they can be resolved or mitigated with minimal impact to the deliveries
Technical Experience Required
- Strong C++ experience
- RDMS/SQL (Oracle preferred)
- Standard Template Library
- Design Patterns
- Python (advantageous)
- Java (advantageous)
What We Look For
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Intellectual rigour and standards of excellence
- Passionate problem solver, out-of-box thinker
- A strong business mind set and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional levels of spoken and written English
- Right to work in the UK
What It's Like to Work at Amadeus
Throughout the year, we host a number of company event days; from our newest graduates and interns to R&D Directors, we network, share knowledge and party together.
We enjoy a good work-life balance with yoga and massages onsite, opportunities for flexible working and holidays starting at 28 days. We know how to have fun too! Many employees take part in Hackathons, Bash Days, Product-athons and 'Innovation' where you can submit all your latest ideas from the get-go.
Our Benefits Include:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Private Healthcare
- Continuous training; in one year alone, we invested ???9.6min in training
- Flexible working opportunities
- International mobility programme
- Onsite parking
You'll be challenged. You'll be inspired. You'll work with colleagues from every corner of the globe. You'll learn from the top minds in the industry.
Come and join us.