Scientist I (Protein Mass Spectrometry) - Spirogen
5 days left
- Full Time
Title: Scientist I (Protein Mass Spectrometry) - Spirogen
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. We work as partners in bringing life changing medicines to patients, sharing and benefiting from each other's strengths. When we see an opportunity for change we make it happen, so that nothing will hold back your creativity, drive and development. Together, we'll show the world the pace that science can set.
Spirogen is a division of Medimmune focussed on antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and we are now looking to recruit an analytical scientist to be based in our facilities in London. This is a full time, permanent and laboratory-based position. As a technical expert in protein mass spectrometry applied to antibodies or antibody-drug conjugates, you will work closely with other R&D groups, including chemistry, biology and conjugation teams to support the company goals. To be successful in this role you will use your strong technical expertise and a drive to deliver results, to contribute to the delivery of a top-class analytical service to support and drive oncology R&D activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Characterisation of antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and small molecules using a variety of mass spectrometric analyses.
- Development, trouble-shooting and application of methods for ADC analysis using UPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Independent planning, design, and execution of projects and the use of sound scientific judgement to interpret data.
- Working collaboratively to achieve the team's goal of delivering a top-class analytical service, ensuring efficient output and communication of results.
- Instrument maintenance and calibration
- A PhD in a relevant field or equivalent industrial experience.
- Extensive, hands-on technical experience in protein mass spectrometry (whole protein MS, native MS, peptide mapping), including data analysis.
- Excellent organisational skills and a can-do attitude.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas, especially applied to antibodies or ADCs, would be beneficial:
ADME/PK assay development, especially for Biologics.
Protein characterisation by MS.
Sample enrichment/preparation from biological matrices.
- Additional experience in a range of analytical techniques for characterisation of proteins and/or biopharmaceuticals (e.g. HPLC (SEC, HIC, IEX), cIEF, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, SPR etc).
Opening date: July 17th 2017
Closing date: October 1st 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.