IT Security Analyst
Essential Function - major duties and responsibilities of the job
- Monitor and respond to threats ensuring that correct information and escalation flows are followed.
- Risk Assessments for new and existing services
- 3rd Party control assessments and reviews
- Develop and improve processes and procedures
- Helping to maintain and produce key operating metrics
- Participate in Evaluation, design and implementation of new technology and processes to help mature the Group whilst adopting a risk based design methodology.
- Assist in researching new security related products and services to ensure that CLS is equipped with appropriate industry tools and solutions.
- Responding to Security alerts
- Assessment of threat intelligence and security landscape
- Conduct security risk assessments for projects. (inc 3rd parties) and vendors
- Operate, maintain and enhance internal security tools, services and procedures
- Maintain relationships with all third-party IT security vendors and strategic partners
- Individual contributor
- Accountable for allocated deliverables
Experience - essential / desired for successful job performance
- Sound knowledge of enterprise security concepts/ frameworks and products
- Knowledge of SIEM tooling
- Experience of Incident handling methodologies
- Experience with End point protection products
- Experience with intelligence gathering regarding security threats
- Experience of conducting Risk Assessments using best practice risk management methodologies.
Qualifications / certifications- essential / desired for successful job performance
- Industry recognised security qualifications(e.g. ISC2,GIAC)
- Industry recognised IT qualifications(e.g MCP, VCP)
Knowledge, skills and abilities - competencies required for successful job performance
- Can work without close supervision. Prioritises work and meets deadlines
- Good verbal and excellent written communications skills. Ability to clarify security technical detail and confidently communicate associated business risks to senior management
- SANS qualification or equivalent
Success factors / 'How' - personal characteristics contributing to an individual's ability to excel in the position
- Sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and grow