Due to continued growth my client a leading knitwear supplier to leading high street retailers are looking for a commercial knitwear designer who is completely aware of current trends. This role offers a variety of accounts to work on and great exposure to dealing with clients and overseas factories.You will need to have a strong technical background and be familiar with working with far east factories .
Main duties of this role include:
- Supporting and Working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Manage Sampling and Development Critical Path
- Regular Comparative shop reports, Trend research, moodboards and inspiration.
- Liaising with overseas factories and ensuring samples are produced to the highest standards
- Working on your assigned accounts/design briefs to grow the business and your relationships with your accounts
- 2 years previous experience working for a supplier within knitwear
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Through Understanding of Pattern Artwork, & construction,
- Excellent CAD and illustration skills.
- proficient in Photoshop and illustrator.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment,& have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to working to deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills, should be enthusiastic and passionate.
- Highly technical
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.