IT Auditor - Technology (Central London)
This dynamic listed US multinational has strong growth and a successful track record of significant acquisitions. With over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide the business has grown substantially over it's 60 year existence and is the global market leader in it's core markets.
The Head of Audit has developed an extremely well regarded international audit team and hence Internal Audit is viewed across the business as a true "partner" rather than a compliance function. Their work is reviewed closely and highly valued at main board level. The audit team is split between Business Audit and IT Audit roughly 2/3rds to 1/3rd by headcount. IT is central to the operations of the business and they operate in a complex IT environment so IT risk management is key - particularly IT security and Cyber threat risks and hence why there is a proportionally a much larger IT audit team than you might normally find. After Sales, IT represents the largest function in the business by headcount so the scope for onward progression into both other parts of the governance function and into IT operations is huge.
Reporting in to Senior Manager/Director level, this opportunity will be a mixture of hands on planning/leading and execution of audit projects but will also play a lead role in stakeholder engagement - furthering the reputation of the IT audit function across the business. Technically the work is challenging because like any acquisitive business, they have a wide range of IT systems and applications. The technical nature of the work will be broad covering a mixture of Infrastructure, Applications (including overlapping business controls), IT Process audits and Change Management/Project audits. Lead responsibility in the team is rotated so in addition to leading and delivering projects the successful candidate will:
- Manage the co-source relationship and resources
- Strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT audit function by improving internal processes
- Pro-actively and positively engage with senior stakeholders across the business to further the excellent reputation of the audit function
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Must hold an IT/business related degree or MSc
- Preferably have or be studying for a CISA/CISM qualification or similar equivalent IT audit qualification
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience covering a wide range of IT audits either within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment or within a larger practice firm (US/ IT SOX experience is beneficial)
- Should demonstrate a high degree of ambition and a track record of career progression
- Will have the confidence and ability to communicate with, and to influence, senior stakeholders
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with passion and a "can-do" attitude
- Need to be flexible to travel for up to 40% of the time.
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary of up to GBP52,000 plus bonus and benefits. The role is based in central London and will require c40% travel - split approximately equally between Europe and longer haul destinations.