Tamar Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Site Supervisor to join the team based in Beddingham. You will be on a full time permanent basis and be paid a rate of up to £30,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Tamar Energy transforms organic waste in to renewable energy and biofertiliser or compost. Our composting division recycles green and food waste in to premium grade soil conditioner.
A vacancy has arisen in our Open Windrow Composting (OWC). The OWC processes garden waste only - grass cuttings, pruning and leaves - in an open environment and allows the material to break down in the presence of oxygen. There are multiple uses for the exceptional quality compost produced which, dependent on grade, can be used as a soil improver, mulch, topsoil constituent, turf dressing and as a growing medium. It can be used on domestic and commercial gardens, brownfield sites, for landscaping as well as full-scale agriculture.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled OWC Site Supervisor to be based at our Beddingham site. The role is a hands on operational role, responsible for ensuring the site operates safely, efficiently and is maintained to high standards at all times. The Site Supervisor is also responsible for playing a leading role in maintaining the plant and equipment in good working ordering, as well as supervising a team of two Recycling Operatives.
This is a busy and fast paced role where team work is very much a priority in ensuring the site meets the targets in processing waste material.
Main responsibilities of our Site Supervisor
- Compliance with the Environmental Permit (Site licence) and the Health, Safety and Welfare of all people on site.
- Maintaining the plant and equipment, ensuring the site is presented in a clean & tidy manner at all times.
- Fault find with plant equipment and small scale engineering tasks
- Ensuring the plant operates efficiently and effectively, meeting all output requirements.
- Coordinating a team of two Operatives, ensuring all daily work priorities are met.
- Keeping required records in respect of all compliance, operations, maintenance and procedures.
- Promote company’s product and coordinate deliveries.
- Exemplary and helpful behaviour with clients, colleagues, management and visitors.
- Track and report plant performance information as required.
Skills needed to become our Site Supervisor
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment (Recycling/Waste to Energy)
- People management experience.
- Experience of driving mobile plant it is essential (tele-handler/loading shovel).
- Shredder/ Screen experience.
- Flexible, positive and proactive attitude to your work.
- Low level engineering skills and knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills.
Benefits of working for us
This is a great opportunity to be part of something different. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm with some Saturday working. The package offers a salary up to £30,000 per annum, life assurance, stake holder pension scheme and 28 days holiday per year.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Site Supervisor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Site Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly