Risk and Control Manager - Commercial Lending
As a Risk and Controls Manager, you will oversee, improve and manage risk within the Lending Operations team. We already have an established framework in place, however we are always looking for game changing ways to make things better at Metro Bank. The Lending Operations team is pivotal to our growth and we are expanding rapidly and significantly growing when it comes to all things deposits and loans.
So what will you be doing???
- Looking after the day to day control environment of Lending Operations
- Improving compliance controls
- Escalating complaints and making sure the right customer outcome is reached
- Identifying and managing change within the business, making sure that risks have been identified and controls are robust
- Creating and reviewing key reports to identify trends and taking the relevant action
- Monitoring all 'training and competency' and 'right first time' schemes and reporting any feedback to the Heads of Departments
- Overseeing test procedures and challenging colleagues where necessary
You need to be this kind of person...
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
And whilst we always aim to train for skill where possible, on this occasion we are looking for someone who is already able to do all these wonderful things...
- Experience of robust testing and monitoring of controls across Lending Operations within a financial services organisation
- Working knowledge of a regulated lending environment covering new lending, lifecycle servicing and also collections
- Experience liaising with various teams to make sure that best practices are shared and a controlled working environment is maintained, with the customer at the heart of the decisions