As a Barclays Personal Assistant, you'll provide dedicated administration support to Directors within the leadership team, which will include diary management as well as having the opportunity to coordinate and support special events and projects. This will be a varied role, with scope to widen your skills and experience as well as broaden your network across other parts of the business. We'll look to you to take personal ownership for tasks and working alongside the wider team, ensure work is managed and completed effectively. This is a great opportunity to join a high profile team, where you'll learn a wide range of transferable skills and interact with some of our most senior colleagues.
As a Personal Assistant, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Owning the Directors diaries, scheduling and managing appointments. Acting as the main point of contact both in the presence and absence of the Directors
• Ensuring paperwork is coordinated and briefing notes requested in preparation for meetings, printing papers/briefing notes and organising them in line with the Directors' requirements and timelines
• Compiling agendas, preparing briefs, attending a wide variety of meetings, taking and transcribing minutes and undertaking any necessary follow up procedures
• Being involved in financial management for the Directors' teams, including raising purchase orders, budget planning and monitoring (e.g. for travel, expenses and discretionary spend)
• Responding to requests and sending emails on behalf of Directors as required and agreed. When appropriate, also originating replies under your own signature
As a Personal Assistant, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Knowledge of the financial services industry is advantageous
• Experience across a broad range of topics, including planning and organisation, communications, control and relationship building
• Experience in supporting multiple Directors at the same time, with the ability to balance different requirements and to prioritise effectively
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to provide direction to others
• The ability to confidently deal with a variety of stakeholders at all levels, with confidence to speak up and challenge others in a positive way
• Highly organised and structured, with an ability to thrive in an environment with a variety of tasks and challenges
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.