Agile Delivery Manager | London | ASOS Careers
Agile Delivery Manager
As our Agile Delivery Manager at ASOS you will drive and implement Agile practice at scale. This is a rare opportunity to come into a very successful business where there is still room for you to bring and discover improvements to our engineering practices, to look at how other Agile and Lean frameworks may be better suited and generally have an important impact on the future of how we deliver our cutting edge ecommerce solutions.
You will coach multi-disciplined teams of highly skilled engineers working on exciting projects to deliver the next phases of ASOS.com. In this highly visible role you'll play an integral role in keeping projects on track so we can all meet our ambitious goals.
Drawing on your management and team leadership expertise, you will ensure the successful delivery of software into production across the teams you are responsible for that meet business requirements and timescales but is flexible enough to respond to risk and change, predominately using the SCRUM Agile framework though you can identify and apply Kanban or other frameworks as needed.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll lead the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned platform teams towards their goals
- You'll line manage a team of engineers, setting SMART objective and creating suitable Personal Development Plans
- Mentor and coach your direct reports and others in the team, working closely with the competency leads, to develop them into top performing individuals who excel at what they do
- Create transparency and predictability across your teams using appropriate tool and metrics including story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn down charts, cycle times, value stream maps and release plans
- Partner with leaders and teams across ASOS to share your knowledge and drive organizational change and improvement
- Continuously assess your team's approach and adapt planning tools, Agile methods and communication to ensure a successful and sustainable delivery
- Share your knowledge with other Agile Delivery Managers to enable them to reflect, learn and then apply this learning within their teams
Who we'd like to meet:
You're an experienced Agile Delivery Manager, Development Manager or Scrum Master with a keen interest in Agile Delivery and you're looking for an established business that's still dynamic enough that you can implement your own ideas. You'll:
- Have experience running a Scrum team
- Have worked in a Software Engineering environment
- Have an understanding of Agile principals, process and practices
- Be a great people person with excellent communication skills
What's in it for you...
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more...