Systems / Data Analyst (6 months FTC)
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- Producing and owning end-to-end design of MI solutions spanning multiple software components (evidencing at all points how the design meets the requirements - clear traceability).
- Working with development teams to ensure detailed component-level design responds to the end-to-end design. Working with the Enterprise Architects to ensure that data and functional architectures adhere to the high-level architecture principles and support target state vision for the enterprise. Working with IT Infrastructure teams to make sure that planned infrastructure adequately supports the software components of the solution.
- Working closely with Transformation Team and Business Architects translating desired business outcomes into robust system requirements, both functional and non-functional.
- Facilitate and participate in detailed design reviews and ensure that all components of MI solutions are aligned to the target state vision. Working with PMO and Test to support the definition and implementation of the test strategy for the initiative.
- Working with developers to elicit, validate and refine estimates for developing the software components. Planning and coordination deployment activities across multiple technology platforms.
- Provide single source reporting capability for essential management information on performance of the LGR portfolio by assessing industry and best practice against internal capability and drive enhancements.
- Demonstrating flexibility and mobility to support changing customer needs and new ways of working (including Agile development model, LEAN).
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are embedded to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Skills Required
- Substantial experience in MI software/application development in multiple operating systems.
- Significant knowledge of data analysis in support of Data Warehouse, BI, Data Analytics and Data Migration solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of PMO/P3O functions and services.
- Detailed knowledge of project accounting processes.
- Understanding of Process Improvement models.
- Understanding of Risk Management processes.
- Understanding Benefits Realisation planning and monitoring.
- Development experience using SharePoint MS Excel & Access (to VBA level) & SQL (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in delivering best practice MI solutions (e.g. highlight reports, management dashboards).
- Understanding and use of Microsoft Office, Access, SharePoint and Enterprise Portfolio Management software.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Exceptional personal and communication skills.
- Proactive approach to identifying areas of inefficiency and drive resolution, ability to challenge Status Quo and decommission end of life applications.
- The ability to manage and benefit from virtual meetings/workshops with senior stakeholders and SMEs, with limited reliance on face-to-face meetings.
- The willingness to embrace new technologies and influence other parts of the business to adopt.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Project Resourcing Consultant on or email for further information.